Oh, but “This is not a Birther Issue…”. Uh, sure, New Hampshire Legislators…
A group of New Hampshire lawmakers asked the state attorney general’s office Tuesday to investigate whether President Barack Obama meets the eligibility requirements to appear on the state’s ballot, after their previous attempt to remove his name from the ballot was rejected in November.
Republican state Reps. Laurence Rappaport and Carol and Lucien Vita, say that Obama is not a natural-born citizen because his father was Kenyan. “This is not a birther issue, not a consideration of where Mr. Obama was born,” Rappaport said, according to the New Hampshire Union Leader. “Our concern is only if he is a natural-born citizen.”
The Congressional Research Service wrote in 2011, “There is no provision in the Constitution and no controlling American case law to support a contention that the citizenship of one’s parents governs the eligibility of a native born U.S. citizen to be president.”
Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in 1961. The White House released the president’s long-form birth certificate in April after his campaign released a scanned copy. Some, however, refuse to believe the veracity of the document.
The attorney general’s office doesn’t plan to respond. “There’s no request in it,” said Associate Attorney General Richard Head, according to the Concord Monitor. “I honestly can’t figure it out.”
New Hampshire Democratic Party Chairman Ray Buckley said it showed how “crazy town” has taken over the statehouse.
The New Hampshire Ballot Law Commission rejected an effort in November led by the group’s attorney, “birther queen” Orly Taitz, to remove Obama’s name from the ballot. After the commission unanimously rejected the effort, members in the crowd shouted “Traitors!” and “Shame on you!”
Assistant Attorney General Matt Mavrogeorge and Assistant Secretary of State Karen Ladd locked themselves in an office and called authorities because they feared for their safety, saying that crowd members were banging at the door and yelling. The state attorney general has asked state police to investigate the incident.
- GOP Lawmakers Make Wild Claim About Obama’s Ballot Eligibility (huffingtonpost.com)
- Orly Taitz Applauds Birther Victory (huffingtonpost.com)
- Affidavit ~ New Hampshire Citizens Defrauded By Obama: Lawmakers Require Obama To Produce Vault Long Form Birth Certificate. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- The Noose Tightens: NH legislators challenge Obama’s eligibility (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Birthers Attempt To Remove Obama From New Hampshire Primary (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- complaint filed to remove Obummer from the Ballot in NH (disclose.tv)
- New Hampshire State Rep. Goes Birther, Calls For Investigation Into Obama’s Eligibility For Presidency (thinkprogress.org)
- New Hampshire Reps Wanted Obama Election Fraud Investigated in 2009! (wtpotus.wordpress.com)
- Court: Obama Must Be Constitutionally Eligible (anationbeguiled.wordpress.com)
- The “Birthers” Are Still at it in New Hampshire. (themoderatevoice.com)