GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum once again attacked President Barack Obama on wanting students to go to college Saturday morning, calling the president a “snob” on the campaign trail in Troy, Michigan.
Santorum spoke the tea party group Americans For Prosperity’s Michigan branch and received a round of applauds for his latest eye-brow raising statements.
“President Obama wants everybody in America to go to college, what a snob,” he said. “There are good, decent men and women who work hard every day and put their skills to the test that aren’t taught by some liberal college professor. And trying to indoctrinate them.”
Santorum doubled down on his comments from Thursday, saying “the indoctrination going on at the university level is a harm to our country” thanks to Obama.
Ironically, Santorum would be calling himself “a snob” as well based on his past history. In 2006, while he was a senator, Santorum pushed to make college more affordable for all Pennsylvanians.
WATCH: Video from C-SPAN, which was broadcast on February 25, 2012.
- Santorum: Obama Is “A Snob” For Wanting People To Go To College (alan.com)
- Santorum Wanted College Access For All Pennsylvanians In 2006. A “Snob”? (alan.com)
- Blue Collar Pandering Fail (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Santorum hits Romney as Michigan campaign heats up (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Rick Santorum Labels Romney An ‘Elite’ And Obama A ‘Snob’ – ABC News (blog) (abcnews.go.com)
- RIck Santorum: Obama College Plan Part Of Plot To “Indoctrinate” Americans (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Church vs. State: Rick Santorum Thinks Colleges Are Indoctrinating Students, Blames Pres. Obama (clutchmagonline.com)
- Rick Santorum: Obama’s College Plan Is a Conspiracy to Persecute Christians (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- ok – this proves Santorum is a total nutcase (newomenforchange.org)