This was no faux pas. In fact, Romney was talking to his base when he suggested that employers should make it very clear how their employees should vote…
Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican Party nominee, spoke to the National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB) yesterday in a Tele-Townhall meeting, telling them to“make it very clear” to their employees who they should vote for in the November General Election. The NFIB has over 100,000 members nationwide.
“I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections,” Romney said. “And whether you agree with me or you agree with President Obama, or whatever your political view, I hope you pass those along to your employees.”
Romney laughed, saying “nothing illegal” about informing your employees, even if it may be inferred as a threat to losing their jobs.
“Nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business, because I believe that will figure into their election decision, their voting decision.”
The topics in the Tele-Townhall covered the Republican Party message of fewer regulations, tax cuts for businesses and less healthcare, referring to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which Republicans and media call “Obamacare”.
Mitt Romney again shows that he doesn’t care about anyone who actually works for a living as he instructs the NFIB to let all their employees know via a perceived threat, that their jobs may be in jeopardy if they don’t vote for Romney. And Mitt Romney laughed as he spoke to them about it.
Nevada has been hit hard with foreclosures and unemployment, so what is Mitt’s advice to Nevada members of the NFIB?” Make it very clear” that this November, you should vote for Romney because your jobs may be on the line.
This is the same man who said:
- “don’t try to stop the foreclosure process”
- “I am not concerned about the very poor”
- “I like being able to fire people”
- “Let Detroit go Bankrupt”
Mitt Romney, the “Everyday Joe”, loves America so much; he hides his money in foreign banks, in foreign countries.
- Romney promises small business a policy role (money.cnn.com)
- Shock: House Republicans and Mitt Romney would rather take Obama out of context than create jobs (dailykos.com)
- Rand Paul Endorsed Mitt Romney – And Ron Paul Supporters Are Totally Pissed (businessinsider.com)
- The Real Message Behind Mitt Romney’s Anti-Police And Firefighters ‘Gaffe’ (mediaite.com)
- Massachusetts GOP upholds election of Ron Paul delegates in Mitt Romney’s congressional district (boston.com)
- E. Thomas McClanahan | A rising GOP tide, and Romney’s opportunity (kansascity.com)
- Mitt Romney consultant has long history of voter suppression (dailykos.com)