I’m really not sure if this is an example of a bit of tweet-snark gone terribly awry, or maybe an account that’s been hacked, but Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has sent one of the strangest tweets ever in response to the death of infamous terrorist Osama bin Laden.
How much would I give to be one of the 72 Virginans Osama is ‘hanging out’ with since Sunday?
For real: what is going on here? Why is Cuccinelli going all Mitch Albom on Osama bin Laden? Does he really want to service bin Laden, sexually, in the great beyond? Maybe he plans to give the dead terrorist the “blue balls?” And is Cuccinelli a virgin, or was he — perhaps more disturbingly — shooting for “Virginians” with this tweet? It’s possible that Cuccinelli is trying to say that he wishes he had been part of the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group, more informally known as “SEAL Team Six,” who conducted the raid on bin Laden’s compound and who are garrisoned in Virginia at the Naval Air Station’s Dam Neck Annex. But this would be an odd way of communicating that desire.
At any rate, until I hear otherwise, I’m just going to assume that Ken Cuccinelli wants to make love to Osama bin Laden in hell. Keep calm and carry on!
UPDATE: 10:43 AM — It may be that Cuccinelli is referencing a (very poorly written) joke. In which case, here are some suggestions for “best practices” on Twitter. First, it’s “Virginians.” Second, you might want to include a link to the joke in your tweet, so that people don’t think you’ve taken complete leave of your senses.
- Virginia AG puns on bin Laden slaying (thehill.com)
- Conservatives Still Weirding The Twitter After The Bin Laden Strike (alan.com)
- New at Reason: A. Barton Hinkle on Grandstanding Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (reason.com)
- The Aftermath of Osama Bin Laden’s Death (socyberty.com)
- Osama bin Laden: the evolving account of what happened that night (macleans.ca)
- “President George W. Bush â€œNot That Concernedâ€ About Osama Bin Laden on March 13, 2002 â€” Video” and related posts (rickey.org)
- ‘Mad Maori’ MP defends Bin Laden (alpineopinion.wordpress.com)