This week, the President visited one of the Sunshine State’s largest ports, attended the Summit of the Americas in Cartagena, Colombia, announced new steps to strengthen oversight of energy markets, welcomed champion NASCAR drivers and the Alabama Crimson Tide football team to the White House, and traveled to Ohio to speak with unemployed workers about the importance of job training program.
Tag Archives: NASCAR
With his impossibly coiffed and unctuous Mad Men look, Mitt “money bags” Romney oozes the obscenely rich guy persona of wiping his feet with the middle and lower classes (or putting them on the roof of his car). Despite the fact that Willard (an everyman’s name) Romney is estimated to be worth more than $200 million, he makes painful strides to
hoodwink inform average Republican voters that he’s just an average unemployed guy trying to get by. But this predatory capitalist with mountebank business ethics to match doesn’t always remember to pretend that he’s just your average guy. In fact, sometimes he says stuff that would make the Monopoly guy seem average.
Here are some of the greatest Mitt Romney quotes that show him to be the total slimy 0.01 percent guy that he so utterly is:
10. “I get speaker’s fees from time to time, but not very much,” when his fees are $374,000
- Mitt Romney conveniently forgets he once led Rick Santorum by 38 points (dailykos.com)
- VIDEO: Mitt Romney’s Top 10 Out Of Touch Moments (thinkprogress.org)
- This New Comment From Mitt Romney On NASCAR Must Be A Joke (businessinsider.com)
- Just in time for the Oscars, a Mitt Romney parody of “The… (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Who does Mitt Romney care about? Mitt Romney, of course (dailykos.com)
- John Cassidy on the Total Incoherence That Is Mitt Romney… (delong.typepad.com)
- Mitt Romney: “Scourge Of The One Percent” (mykeystrokes.com)
- Rush Limbaugh: Michelle Obama Guilty Of ‘Uppity-ism’ (AUDIO) (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Accuses First Lady of ‘Uppity-ism’ (ibtimes.com)
- Juan Williams is a stand-up guy! (jlue.wordpress.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Needs To Read This Before He Uses Uppity ‘Tweak’ Again (mediaite.com)
Word used by racist old white Southerners to refer to any black person who looks them in the eye. Usually followed by nigger.
Rush Limbaugh accused Michelle Obama of “uppity-ism” during his Monday show.
Limbaugh was speaking about the First Lady’s recent reception at a NASCAR event, where both she and Jill Biden were booed by the crowd. He said it was not surprising that she was booed, because the crowd at NASCAR resented her healthy eating initiatives and her husband’s policies.
“What the hell is there to cheer for?” Limbaugh asked. He said that people also didn’t like “paying millions of dollars” for Obama’s vacations. “They understand it’s a little bit of a waste,” he said. “They understand it’s a little bit of uppity-ism.”
- Limbaugh: Michelle Obama Booed at NASCAR Because She’s ‘Uppity’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Limbaugh: Michelle Obama Guilty Of ‘Uppity-Ism’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Oh, Dear: Rush Limbaugh Accuses Michelle Obama of “Uppity-ism.” (slog.thestranger.com)
- Limbaugh on Michelle Obama booing at NASCAR event: A recognition of ‘uppity-ism’(Audio) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Rush Limbaugh: First Lady Was Booed At NASCAR Event Due To Obama’s ‘Uppity-ism’ (mediaite.com)
- Sharpton Calls Limbaugh’s Remarks About First Lady a ‘Distraction’ (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
Well, after all it’s NASCAR, which has never been a bastion of liberal pride…
Michelle Obama and Jill Biden were booed at NASCAR’s season finale at the Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday.
The appearance was part of an initiative to honor military troops and families. The first lady and vice president’s wife also served as grand marshals for the big race.
At the beginning of the race, an announcer introduced the two women, who were met with a loud combination of both cheers and boos.
WATCH VIDEO ABOVE (h/t Mediate)
- WATCH: Michelle Obama Booed At NASCAR Race (huffingtonpost.com)
- Michelle Obama And Jill Biden Get Booed By NASCAR Fans [Nascar] (jezebel.com)
- First Lady Michelle Obama Booed At NASCAR Race (mediaite.com)
- Communist Scum Michelle Obama Booed At NASCAR 400 (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama Booed By NASCAR Fans: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
Three years ago GOOD had the idea to plaster politicians’ financial sponsors all over their fancy suits, just like they do in NASCAR. With corporate money being such a huge part of the American political system—and with its influence set to get even bigger—it would help voters if our elected representatives were as transparent as possible about who’s backing them, and to what extent.
Reddit user crandyj1220 has followed our lead. Last week he uploaded to the social news site his own Nascar-ized politician, this one of our new Republican House speaker, John Boehner. An image like this isn’t all you need to make your decisions about a politician, of course, but it’s sure nice to know when these people are getting fat checks from tobacco companies and health insurance giants.
They say that laughter is the best medicine. The following joke will surely get a chuckle out of you. Enjoy.
A man walked into a very high-tech bar. As he sat down on a stool he noticed that the bartender was a robot. The robot clicked to attention and asked, “Sir, what will you have?”
The man thought a moment then replied “A martini please.”
The robot clicked a couple of times and mixed the best martini the man had ever had.
The robot then asked, “Sir, what is your IQ?” The man answered “Oh, about 174.”
The robot then proceeded to discuss the theory of relativity, inter-stellar space travel, the latest medical breakthroughs, etc…
The man was most impressed. He left the bar but thought he would try a different tack. He returned and took a seat. Again the robot clicked and asked what would he have? “A martini please.”
Again it was superb. The robot again asked “What is your IQ sir?”
This time the man answered, “Oh, about 120″. So the robot started discussing NASCAR racing, the latest basketball scores, and what to expect the Dodgers to do this week end.
The guy had to try it one more time. So he left, returned and took a stool…. Again a martini, and the question, “What is your IQ?” This time the man drawled out ” Uh…… bout 50″.
The robot clicked then leaned close and very slowly asked,
Thank you, ianai.