Sex abuse victim to file lawsuit against Josh Duggar: report

Josh Duggar (CNS News)

Josh Duggar (CNS News)

Finally, this cretin will go before a court of law…


One of Josh Duggar’s molestation victims is planning to file a lawsuit against the reality show star and former anti-LGBT activist.

The suit will be filed by a victim who is not a family member, reported InTouch Weekly– which first broke the news about the molestation case.

The new report is based on anonymous sources.

Two of the 27-year-old Duggar’s sisters appeared last month on Fox News and admitted their brother had molested them more than a decade ago at their family’s home.

He molested two other sisters as they slept, according to investigators, along with a babysitter who was staying at the Duggar home.

Duggar admitted to sexually abusing the girls but was never prosecuted because police did not learn about the claims until the statute of limitations had run out.

A legal expert quoted by InTouch said victims would still be able to file a civil suit against the “19 Kids and Counting” star under Arkansas Code Annotated Section 16-56-130 – which allows civil action when a sexual abuse victim starts to experience the effects of the abuse years later.

A lawsuit would almost certainly force Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar to reveal what they knew about their son’s pattern of sexual abuse and any actions they took to cover up his actions.

“All the church elders who knew about this will have to be named,” a source told the magazine.

The legal expert told the magazine that the couple would not be able to invoke the Fifth Amendment because the criminal statute of limitations has expired for any crimes related to the alleged cover-up.

TLC has shelved their long-running popular reality show in the wake of the revelations but has made no long-term decision about the program.

Bystanders wrongly pegged by New York Post as Boston ‘Bag Men’ file suit

New York Post fingers 17 year old kid as bombing suspect

Here’s hoping the two get a large pile of Murdoch money in exchange for this mess. A very, very large pile of money ~ Daily Kos on Facebook

Daily Kos

Here’s hoping the two get a large pile of Murdoch money in exchange for this mess. A very, very large pile of money.

I’m only surprised it took this long:

A Massachusetts teenager and his 24-year-old friend filed a defamation lawsuit against the New York Post Wednesday in Boston, accusing the tabloid of falsely portraying them as suspects in the deadly Marathon bombings by plastering their photograph on the front page under the headline, “Bag Men.”

As the picture above demonstrates, the Post wasn’t shy about it, calling them the “bag men” in large type even while their own story admitted that it wasn’t actually clear if the two pictured were the ones law enforcement were actually investigating. As it turns out, they weren’t—it was a picture that some online sleuths found suspicious, and that was all it took to make the Post front page, and to therefore make the two a conspicuous public target:

When Zaimi arrived at work that day, a company vice president called him into his office. Zaimi did not understand why until the office manager showed him a copy of the Post.“He immediately started shaking, his mouth went dry, and he felt as though he was having a panic attack,” the complaint said. […]

That night, the complaint said, as he waited for the train home, someone pointed him out as the person in the New York Post. Zaimi fled.

Given that we’re living in an age when would-be public heroes even fire shots at fleeing shoplifters, I’d say hightailing it out of a crowd that thinks you might be a terrorist based a front-page picture saying so was probably a very good idea. The Post should count themselves lucky no worse harm came to the two.

Here’s hoping the two get a large pile of Murdoch money in exchange for this mess. A very, very large pile of money. The crooked, reckless sensationalism of the Post was demonstratedthroughout the Boston story, but in this instance it could have gotten someone killed.

Donald Trump Withdraws Lawsuit Against Bill Maher

Score another win for the good guys…

TPM LiveWire

Donald Trump has withdrawn his sensational lawsuit against Bill Maher — at least for the moment.

Trump filed a lawsuit against Maher in February, arguing that the political satirist did not fulfill his end of a very public bet. While appearing on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” in January, Maher joked that he would donate $5 million to a charity of Trump’s choice — “Hair Club for Men” and “the Institute for Incorrigible Douchebaggery” were among Maher’s suggestions — if the real estate mogul and prominent birther could prove that he’s not the “spawn of his mother having sex with an orangutan.”

Trump’s lawyers evidently filed a request with the L.A. County Superior Court on March 29 to dismiss the $5 million lawsuit. But Michael Cohen, special counsel and executive vice president for Trump, told TMZ that the legal fight is not over and the withdrawal of the case was only temporary.

“The lawsuit was temporarily withdrawn to be amended and refiled at a later date,” Cohen said.

Maher, for his part, never seemed to take the case too seriously. During an interview with late night host Conan O’Brien in February, Maher compared his dispute with Trump to “having a spat with J.R. Ewing.” 

“He’s not even a real person,” Maher said of Trump. “It’s just like a pop reference from the 80′s.”


Tea Party Nation sued for dodging Las Vegas hotel bill

So, the teabaggers’  true colors are starting to emerge.  They are not about fiscal responsibility in this instance…

Raw Story

The Venetian Casino Resort in Las Vegas has filed a lawsuit against Tennessee-based Tea Party Nation for allegedly failing to pay a more than $600,000 bill.

The Las Vegas Review Journal reported that the hotel claims the tea party group owes money for a five-day convention it canceled at the hotel last summer.

The Tea Party Nation reserved 1,637 room nights in the Palazzo hotel, according to court documents. The tea party group cancelled two weeks before the event.

The group agreed to pay the hotel $579,148 in the event of a cancellation and $87,996 in interest has since been added to that amount.

The Venetian’s lawyers claim the Tea Party Nation “has refused, and continues to refuse, to make payment,” despite being contacted numerous times, LA Weekly reported.

Tea Party Nation Founder Judson Phillips told Las Vegas Review Journal that hasn’t seen the lawsuit yet

University of Kentucky Police Investigating Sign That Called the POTUS A Racial Epithet

Lexington Herald Leader

University of Kentucky officials are investigating two incidents in which someone hung signs that called President Barack Obama a racial epithet.

On March 15, a professor noticed one such sign hanging on a door to the UK School of Law on South Limestone. He turned it in to campus police, who are investigating, said spokesman Jay Blanton.

Early Thursday morning, third year law student Ches Clark said he found a sign affixed to a bus shelter on South Lime near Maxwelton Court. The sign said “How Do You Spell Nigger? OBAMA.”

The letters looked to be cut out of a menu, glued to another piece of paper and photocopied, Clark said.    Read More…


TSA sued over ‘pat downs’

It was just a matter of time…

America Blog

There are surely many more like this underway or about to be filed. Some people really can be funny when it comes to privacy.

A Colorado attorney has asked a federal judge to order the Transportation Security Administration to abandon its airport screening procedures for United States citizens.

Gary Fielder filed his lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Denver last week, more than a month after he, his two daughters, ages 9 and 15, and a family friend underwent a TSA pat-down in San Diego.

Fielder’s lawsuit claimed the pat-downs were “disgusting, unconscionable, sexual in nature” and in violation of the Constitution’s protections against unreasonable searches.

Eddie Long, Atlanta Bishop Accused Of Sexually Abusing Young Men, Says He’s Not Going Anywhere

Huffington Post

A megachurch pastor accused of luring four young men into sexual relationships said Sunday that he won’t be pulled into a street fight over the allegations and vowed that his faith has been strengthened.

Bishop Eddie Long did not directly mention the accusations to thousands of cheering supporters during services at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in suburban Lithonia. But his remarks seemed directly addressed to his accusers.

“In times of challenge, there are several things that come out. Your faith will be strengthened or weakened,” he said, to growing applause. “My faith is being strengthened.”

Long told supporters at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church that he is “not going to be pulled into a street fight” and that he doesn’t hate anyone. But he directed his listeners to turn to a passage in the Book of Job that read: “Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, and the tent of the wicked will be no more.”

As his devoted flock cheered, Long joked that he accidentally led them to the wrong page. “That was the Holy Ghost,” he said, flashing a smile as the sanctuary echoed with laughter.

Long’s more than hour-long sermon was greeted with thunderous applause and adoration. Several thousand parishioners flocked to the suburban Atlanta complex for the 8 a.m. service, and cars snaked in traffic for miles after it was over.

Long became one of the nation’s most powerful church leaders over the past two decades, transforming a suburban Atlanta congregation of 150 into a powerhouse of 25,000 members that includes high-profile athletes, entertainers and politicians.

The bishop is a father of four who has been an outspoken opponent of gay marriage and whose church has counseled gay members to become straight. But the TV preacher’s empire was threatened last month when the four men filed a civil lawsuit claiming Long abused his spiritual authority to lure them into a sexual relationship.

Two of the young men say he targeted them after they enrolled in the church’s LongFellows Youth Academy, a program that taught teens about sexual, physical and financial discipline. The other two – one of whom attended a satellite church in Charlotte, N.C. – have made similar claims.

The men say they were 17 or 18 when the relationships began. Local and state authorities have declined to investigate because Georgia’s age of consent is 16.

Long has not addressed the accusations directly, but promised Sunday that he would not let his legal troubles prevent him or his church from doing its work.

“I ain’t going to stop living,” he said amid more applause.

Georgia pastor to address lawsuit allegations




  • Pastor Eddie Long will address his congregation Sunday morning
  • He has denied allegations he coerced men into sexual contact
  • Four lawsuits were filed in DeKalb County, Georgia, this week

The four men who brought lawsuits this week in DeKalb County, Georgia, State Court claim that Long took them on overnight trips to various locations within the United States and beyond, sharing a room and engaging in sexual contact with them, including massaging, masturbation or oral sex.

The lawsuit filed Friday by a Charlotte, North Carolina, man says Long uses church money and other accounts to entice young men with cars, clothing, jewelry and electronics.

Long’s spokesman and church members say it is appropriate he first speak in detail about the civil lawsuits with his church family.

“I stand behind the bishop because of the leader that he is. He is a true leader. The word that he gives is so rich, it is so life-changing,” New Birth member Gary Foster Jr. told CNN Saturday night.

He and two other young church members said Long is family-oriented, a mentor and a respected leader who has helped families and individuals.

Gabrielle Richards, who has attended New Birth for nearly eight years, said she has seen no evidence that Long is a sexual predator.

A former New Birth employee said he hopes the allegations are not true, but he wants to hear from Long so that the “cloud of suspicion over him can be dispersed.”

“The information is certainly damaging,” Kevin Bond said. “The evidence … all of that is very troubling to many of us in the gospel community, the Christian community.”

A Facebook page in support of Long had more than 6,000 members Saturday night.

Fourth lawsuit filed against Georgia pastor Eddie Long



A fourth lawsuit has been filed against Atlanta-area pastor Eddie Long, alleging he coerced a 17-year-old into a sexual relationship during a 2005 trip the two took to Africa.

The suit — filed, like the others, in DeKalb County, Georgia, State Court — claims Long invited Spencer LeGrande, now 22, on a trip to Kenya.

On the first night in Nairobi, Long asked LeGrande to come to his room, where the youth told the pastor he was having difficulty going to sleep, the suit states. Long provided Ambien, a sleep aid, and they both took the drug, according to the suit.

Long then gave LeGrande a hug, kissed and licked the youth’s lips and rubbed the teen’s chest, according to the lawsuit. They slept in bed together that evening and during the rest of the Kenya trip, the lawsuit states, adding they went on shopping sprees.

In a statement released by his spokesman, Long denied the allegations.

“Our position about the lawsuits has not changed. Bishop Long categorically denies the charges,” said spokesman Art Franklin. “We believe that it is unfortunate the young men have chosen to take this course of action. The defense team will review the complaints and respond accordingly at the appropriate time and in the appropriate forum.”

In a statement issued Thursday, Long asked for patience “as we continue to categorically deny each and every one of these ugly charges” and requested prayers for himself, his family and the church. He said he will respond to his congregation from the pulpit on Sunday.

He also spoke during a Friday conference call, saying “we will arise through this situation,” an Atlanta TV station said.

Long’s church, New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, also is a defendant in the civil action filed Friday.

Continue reading…

Related Articles

Bishop Eddie Shhhhhh Long – A Fourth Victim ( Fourth Lawsuit Filed Against Bishop Eddie Long ( Fourth lawsuit filed against Georgia pastor ( Beaumont Enterprise: More teenage sex allegations against Georgia megachurch pastor ( Bishop Long Stepping Down In Wake Of Fourth Lawsuit? (

Fourth lawsuit filed against Georgia pastor, posted with vodpod

Embattled bishop to make statement regarding allegations of sexual coercion



  • This is actually a case of retaliation and a shakedown for money by men with some serious credibility issues.
    –Art Franklin, pastor’s spokesman
  • Eddie Long is planning a Thursday news conference, a spokesman says

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) — Atlanta-based megachurch pastor Eddie Long, accused of coercing young men into sexual relationships, will go on radio and make a statement Thursday following civil lawsuits a spokesman has termed a “shakedown” for money.

Long’s appearances will follow Wednesday’s filing of another lawsuit, in DeKalb County, Georgia, State Court. It was brought on behalf of Jamal Parris, now 23, who was a teenager at the time he joined Long’s church.

The suit, which claims Long encouraged Parris to call him “Daddy,” also names the church and a youth academy as defendants.

Allegations that Long coerced young male church members and employees into sex are “a case of retaliation and a shakedown for money by men with some serious credibility issues,” Art Franklin, the pastor’s spokesman, said Wednesday.

Long “categorically and adamantly denies these allegations,” Franklin said. “There’s been a lot of chatter since yesterday, but these complaints that have been filed are definitely without merit.”

Long will make a statement Thursday morning, he said. Long’s attorney and supporters are expected to stand with him.

Syndicated columnist and CNN political analyst Roland Martin said on Twitter that he will talk with Long at 7:15 a.m. ET Thursday on “The Tom Joyner Morning Show,” a syndicated radio program.

Continue reading…