Naming the top five United States senators that do Koch’s bidding is indeed a big deal. Those guys need to be voted out of office or maybe even impeached.
In my opinion, selling democracy should be a felonious offense.
Five senators and 39 representatives received a perfect 100 percent score from the Koch brothers’ Astroturf group Americans For Prosperity for the first half of the 112th Congress. AFP judged Congress on their votes to protect the Koch brothers’ right-wing petrochemical empire on such issues as the repeal of President Obama’s new health care law, preempting EPA’s authority to regulate greenhouse gases, Chairman Paul Ryan’s budget to end Medicare, ending ethanol subsidies, several Congressional Review Act resolutions of disapproval to overturn new regulations and the fiscal year 2012 appropriations bills.
The Koch Five are Sens. Tom Coburn (R-OK), Mike Crapo (R-ID), Orrin Hatch (R-UT), Marco Rubio (R-FL), and Ron Johnson (R-WI), who have received a combined $187,400 in campaign contributions from the Koch empire:
|THE KOCH FIVE|
The Kochs were the top contributors to Ron Johnson’s successful campaign to unseat Russ Feingold in 2010. Like first-termers Rubio and Johnson, Coburn has a perfect lifetime Koch score.
- Cain: “I am the Koch brothers’ brother from another mother” (americablog.com)
- Ethan Rome: Gingrich Is Now a Socialist, and Other Lessons From New Hampshire (huffingtonpost.com)
- Legal liability for skeptics? (junkscience.com)
- The Left Sees the Koch Brothers Everywhere (usnews.com)
- Cain: ‘I Am The Koch Brothers’ Brother From Another Mother’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Koch Brothers Net Worth (celebritynetworth.com)
- Koch’s AFP Starts Big Oil Bus Tour (thinkprogress.org)