I fear that a Rick Perry presidency will look like a George W. Bush presidency exponentially increased to the 10th power.
Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX), even before establishing super PACs to rake in unlimited contributions from Texas billionaires in his presidential run, has been one of the best funded politicians in history. Since his 1998 candidacy to be George W. Bush’s lieutenant governor, Perry has raked in$117,091,642 in campaign contributions, with the oil and gas industry the top contributor. Big oil has fueled Rick Perry’s career, the top industry contributor at $11,189,103, according to the National Institute on Money in State Politics:
Top oil company contributions include $189,188 from Exxon Mobil, $147,895 from Valero Energy, and $116,000 from Koch Industries.
- Matt Dowd: Rick Perry Could Have Trouble in a General Election Because He Sounds a Lot Like George Bush (crooksandliars.com)
- Secessionist Rick Perry: President should be ‘in love with America’ (dailykos.com)
- Matthew Dowd On This Week: Rick Perry Looks And Sounds Too Much Like Bush (mediaite.com)
- The Case Against Rick Perry (usnews.com)
- Rick Perry needs a prayer teleprompter (dangerousminds.net)
- Governor Rick Perry Oversees 235th Execution (onebluestocking.wordpress.com)