I recall reading something yesterday regarding a petition against CNN’s Erik Erikson because he said something derogatory about women. When I read about this yesterday, over that over 30,000 women had signed the petition signed…
If you missed it, Erick Erickson is at it again. This time, the CNN contributor tweeted, “First night of the Vagina Monologues in Charlotte going as expected” on day one of the DNC.
You might recall Erickson from his Limbaugh-esque “FemiNazi” references to women who speak their minds without his permission.
Erick was hired as part of CNN’s “balanced” approach, meaning they went to the dregs of the allegedly conservative movement (actually quite a radical anarchist movement, but that is for another day) and plucked two know-nothing rudesters out of obscurity in order to appeal to the “heartland” of America.
In response to CNN’s continued refusal to deal with Erickson’s inexcusable conduct, the Ultra Violet team started a petition calling for Erickson to be fired. According to Ultra Violet, 64,000 people signed it in under 24 hours. That’s what happens when you insult social media savvy women like Ultra Violet founders Nita Chaudhary and Shaunna Thomas, who are funded by the progressive nonprofit Citizen Engagement Lab.
Erickson’s non-apology apology read like the typical bully’s apology: “My apologies to those offended by my tweet. Wasn’t my intention.”
- Tens Of Thousands Of Feminists Call On CNN To Fire Sexist Contributor (thinkprogress.org)
- CNN’s Erick Erickson Compares DNC To The Vagina Monologues In A Tweet (addictinginfo.org)
- Meet Erick Erickson – One of the Assholes in the Middle of Elephant Central-a Tea Party Pooper (bonjupatten.com)
- Erick Erickson refers to DNC as ‘Vagina Monologues,’ faux feminist outrage ensues (twitchy.com)
- CNN right-wing contributor calls Dem convention “vagina monologues” (americablog.com)
- CNN’s Resident Conservative Jackass Calls the DNC ‘The Vagina Monologues’ [Dicks] (jezebel.com)