Does anyone else see what I see regarding the GOP? They are increasingly going batcrap insane. Here’s another example of their extreme sexist (anti-woman) point of view:
Last week, Rick Santorum explained that he was opposed to any plans by the Pentagon to place women in combat positions, asserting that the “types of emotions that are involved” would compromise combat effectiveness.
Santorum quickly “clarified,” saying that he didn’t mean that women were emotionally unsuited for serving in combat but rather that male soldiers would be protective of female soldiers and inclined to compromise the mission in order to defend them.
But not only are women emotionally unfit for combat but also physically unfit because, as Fischer explained in his column today, “the average female soldier does not even have the arm strength to throw a grenade far enough to keep herself from getting blown up.”
- Male “Other Types of Emotions” May Endanger Military’s Mission (themoderatevoice.com)
- Bryan Fischer: Women ‘Are Not Prepared By DNA’ To Serve In Combat (thinkprogress.org)
- Jon Soltz: Santorum Insults Women Who Served in Combat (huffingtonpost.com)
- Santorum: Women Are Capable Of ‘Flying Small Planes’ – Think Progress (thinkprogress.org)
- “When you have men and women together in combat, I think men have emotions when you see a woman in…” (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Santorum On “Concerns” About Women In Combat: I Meant Men’s Emotions (alan.com)
- Santorum Weasels His Way Out Of Earlier Gaffe About Women In The Military And Their “Emotions” (kaystreet.wordpress.com)