Tag Archives: Economics
I’d have to agree with Nobel prize winner in economics, Paul Krugman on his assessment…
This story may not be going away for a long while.
New York Times columnist Paul Krugman lashed out at the commemoration of the 10 year anniversary of September 11th, labeling George W. Bush and Rudy Giuliani as “fake heroes.”
On his “Conscience of a Liberal” blog Sunday morning, the Princeton economics professor didn’t lack in showing any temerity in his comments that certainly will upset conservatives.
“What happened after 9/11 — and I think even people on the right know this, whether they admit it or not — was deeply shameful,” he wrote. “Fake heroes like Bernie Kerik, Rudy Giuliani, and, yes, George W. Bush raced to cash in on the horror. And then the attack was used to justify an unrelated war the neocons wanted to fight, for all the wrong reasons.”
Krugman, who normally allows comments, also wrote that he wasn’t going to allow comments under this post “for obvious reasons.”
- Paul Krugman, go to hell (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Lib economist Paul Krugman uses 9-11 to level his highly partisan comments. Shame on you, Mr. Krugman (peregrine5700.wordpress.com)
- Krugman: This is our day of national shame, or something (hotair.com)
- Special Tantrum – New York Times (yougabsports.com)
- Former Enron Adviser Paul Krugman’s Thoughts On September 11 (minx.cc)
- Rudy Giuliani, on 9/11 (10 years after) (vanguardngr.com)
- Dear Paul Krugman (doubleplusundead.com)
- Another Thing We Can Thank The First Amendment For (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- 1010 WINS 9/11 Series: Rudy Giuliani Looks Back (newyork.cbslocal.com)