This guy is a clown. He actually asked for sanctions against his ex-wife for not providing them with her salary records, bank statements and tax returns. It all seems like a typical smoke and mirrors game to take the spotlight off of Joe Walsh. However, in a Cook County court, a judge ordered Walsh to prove that he is not a “deadbeat dad” and prove that he doesn’t owe $100,000 in back child support.
Get the popcorn ready, Mr. I wanna be in front of the camera 24/7s has some splainin’ to do.
After months of dismissing allegations that he owed his ex-wife more than $100,000 in back child support, U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh was ordered Wednesday to provide the court with proof that he isn’t a deadbeat dad.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Cook County Circuit Judge Raul Vega expressed frustration when the Illinois Republican and Tea Party favorite did not appear in court along with his ex-wife, Laura Walsh.
From the Sun-Times:
Walsh’s new attorney, Janet Boyle, asked Vega “for what purpose” he wanted the congressman in court.Vega gave her a puzzled look.
To which Boyle responded: “Mr. Walsh is a U.S. congressman.”
“Well, he’s no different than anyone else,” the judge said.
The judge then issued a “rule to show cause,” asking that Walsh provide proof that he made the child support payments–or risk being held in contempt for falling behind.
- Deadbeat Congressman Joe Walsh still not paying his child support (dailykos.com)
- Judge Orders Walsh to Explain (politicalwire.com)
- “Deadbeat Dad” Rep. Joe Walsh (maboulette.wordpress.com)
- Joe Walsh To Skip Obama Jobs Speech, Calls President ‘Idiotic’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- An Ode to Joe “Deadbeat Dad” Walsh (garystlawrence.wordpress.com)
- An Open Letter To Tea Bagger Joe Walsh (ken_ashford.typepad.com)
- Rep. Joe Walsh Wants Ex-Wife Sanctioned In Child Support Case (huffingtonpost.com)