Kiss the ring of your masters…
Florida Gov. Rick Scott attended a secret, invitation-only meeting outside Vail, Colo., hosted by conservative billionaire GOP donors David and Charles Koch, the governor’s staff confirmed today.
The meeting wasn’t on Scott’s official schedule and his spokesman Lane Wright initially refused to confirm or deny whether the first-term governor would make an appearance, saying he would not “speculate as to what he has done, or will do on his personal time.”
But, after The St. Petersburg Times reported Tuesday Scott did attend the meeting, Wright confirmed that the governor was there but would not say whether Scott was in Colorado on Sunday or Monday.
“I told anybody who asked me,” Scott, in Washington, D.C., told the Times, without revealing too much about what took place.
“It was very interesting,” he told the Times. “They wanted to know basically… what am I doing in Florida.”
Scott, the self-proclaimed “jobs governor,” joined at least three other conservative Republican heads-of-state at the semi-annual meeting.
- An Education Message from Governor Rick Scott June 28, 2011 | Gov. Rick Scott (jamespatrick1.wordpress.com)
- ACLU sues Rick Scott to stop ‘voter suppression’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Kasich tours Dannon plant, announces expansion (dispatch.com)
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker To Cut Medicaid Without Public Hearings (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Gov. Rick Scott – – -Thanks for giving another good law……..Admin, Cape Coral (capecoralblogger.wordpress.com)
- Rick Scott Approves Bill to “Briefly” Flash Your Gun at People(FL) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Making Florida safe for Democrats again (maureenholland.wordpress.com)
- Gov. Rick Scott and Republican Death Panels (eyeoncitrus.com)
- Governor Rick Scott (Kind of) Hates Teachers & Katy Perry (almostdorothy.wordpress.com)
- Rick Scott Retreats On Worker Drug Tests (huffingtonpost.com)