Arizona state Sen. Lori Klein (R), a gun-rights champion, keeps a loaded raspberry-pink handgun in her purse, and during an interview with Arizona Republic reporter Richard Ruelas, she took it out and pointed it at him.
“Oh, it’s so cute,” Klein said, before aiming the gun at Ruelas’s chest to show off the red beam of the laser sight. Klein’s gun, a .380 Ruger, has no safety, but the senator assured Ruelas that he wasn’t in danger.
“I just didn’t have my hand on the trigger,” she said.
Klein told the Arizona Republic that she owns a number of guns and has had “informal” training sessions on each of them, and that she was taught gun safety by her father.
Local gun activists have criticized Klein for pointing her gun at Ruelas, however.
Rob Mermelstein, the range master of the Phoenix Rod and Gun Club, told the Arizona Guardian, that Klein’s actions were “unconscionable.”
“Whoever would do something like that needs to have a better grounding in gun safety before ever laying a hand on a firearm,” he said.
- Lori Klein, Arizona State Senator, Pointed Loaded Gun At Reporter Richard Ruelas’s Chest (zerablog.wordpress.com)
- Arizona senator’s handling of her gun draws fire (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Arizona senator’s handling of her gun draws fire (sfgate.com)
- Somebody shoot some brains over to Lori Klein (garystlawrence.wordpress.com)
- WOO HOO! Arizona GOP State Representative Lori Klein points her loaded raspberry-pink gun at a reporter! (barenakedislam.wordpress.com)