These people are dangerous…being rich and powerful with malignant intent to destroy the middle class in America is extremely harmful to our Democracy.
At a conference in June, Charles Koch encouraged wealthy conservative donors to help defeat Obama.
“But we’ve been talking about — we have Saddam Hussein, this is the Mother of All Wars we’ve got in the next 18 months,” Koch said, referring to Obama and the 2012 presidential election. “For the life or death of this country. So, I’m not going to do this to put any pressure on anyone here, mind you. This is not pressure. But if this makes your heart feel glad and you want to be more forthcoming, then so be it.”
“What I want to do is recognize not all of our great partners, but those partners who have given more than a billion – a mill-, no, billion,” the billionaire said before correcting himself.
“Well, I was thinking of Obama and his billion dollar campaign, so I thought we gotta do better than that… No, I’m not, I’m gonna go easy on you. More than a million over the last 12 months. If you want to kick in a billion, believe me, we’ll have a special seminar just for you.”
Mother Jones’ Gavin Aronsen has published a list of many of the donors in Koch’s so-called “Million-Dollar Club.”
Charles and his brother David, who are thought to be worth about $22 billion each, have themselves reportedly spent $100 million supporting conservative causes.
This audio is from The Brad Blog, recorded June 26, 2011.
Don’t miss Gavin Aronsen’s breakdown of the Kochs’ million-dollar donor club.
- Charles Koch: ‘We have Saddam Hussein’ in Obama, must fight ‘the mother of all wars’ (dailykos.com)
- Charles Koch Tells Big Donors President Obama Is Saddam Hussein (crooksandliars.com)
- Check Out All Of The Wall Streeters Who Donated More Than A Million Dollars To The Koch Brothers This Year (businessinsider.com)
- List of million-dollar Koch group donors leaks (salon.com)
- Report: Koch bros. $1M club revealed (politico.com)