Around 5:50 p.m., about 80 protesters were arrested after they sat down in the roadway in a coordinated action at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge. They included City Councilman Jumaane Williams.
The protesters, all wearing white “99 percent” T-shirts, marched toward the bridge marched from the rally at Foley Square, about two blocks north, and stepped into the roadway at Centre Street at the entrance to the bridge. There, they sat down, blocking traffic and chanting “All day all week Occupy Wall Street.”
After a few minutes, the police moved toward them. The protesters all stood at the same time and submitted to being peacefully arrested. The protesters filled two school-bus-sized buses parked at the base of the bridge.
– Rob Harris
- Protesters Marching to Foley Square (businessinsider.com)
- Occupy Wall Street attempts to actually Occupy Wall Street; more than 50 arrests so far (dailykos.com)
- Where to Go, What to Do, November 17 (nplusonemag.com)
- Demonstrations of Occupy Wall Street protesters cropping up across country (nj.com)
- Occupy Wall Street: Two Months In, ‘Day of Action’ Gets Boost From Eviction (newsfeed.time.com)
- Why Tomorrow Is Going To Be A Huge Day For Occupy Wall Street (businessinsider.com)
- Occupy Wall Street roundup, Day 60 (dailykos.com)
- Violence Escalates At ‘Occupy’ Protests In NYC, As Crowd Eyes March On Brooklyn Bridge | Fox News (gloucestercitynews.net)