I have never been a real big fan of Alec Baldwin. However, that has all changed since reading this headline on the Raw Story. I have tweeted Andrew Breitbart a few times telling him what I thought of him, but never could I have composed such a “poetic” description of creepy Breitbart.
Apparently Keith Olbermann isn’t the only person who thinks Andrew Breitbart’s recent attempt to smear the “Occupy” movement as serial rapists is a bit beyond the pale.Mediaite is reporting that actor Alec Baldwin took to Twitter today to excoriate the Big Government blogger and media provocateur, calling him a “festering boil on the anus of public discourse.”
The dust-up began when a Twitter user asked Baldwin’s opinion as to whether Breitbart was using the so-called “rape rant” as a smoke screen to distract public attention away from the Shirley Sherrod scandal. (Sherrod was a USDA employee whose career and reputation were impugned in a heavily doctored video that was first aired on Breitbart’s website.)
Baldwin replied to the query with the very descriptive phrase mentioned above, which prompted a great deal of back and forth between the 30 Rock star and Breitbart, as well as many of Breitbart’s and Baldwin’s fans. The actor threw in the towel around 2:00 pm, Tweeting, “OK, enough festering boils for this weekend.”
Interested readers can view screen grabs of the Twitter feeds and a detailed timeline at Mediaite.
- Andrew Breitbart Vs. Occupiers At CPAC: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Alec Baldwin Calls Andrew Breitbart A ‘Festering Boil On The Anus Of Public Discourse’ (mediaite.com)
- Andrew Breitbart ‘Flips Out’ at Occupy Protesters (VIDEO) (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Federal Judge Chides Andrew Breitbart for ‘Overreaching’ in Shirley Sherrod Lawsuit (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Andrew Breitbart Goes to War against the left and its “Divide and Conquer” strategy (erickbrockway.com)
- I Think I Know What You Did, There, Andrew Breitbart (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Olbermann: Debunking Breitbart’s ‘Occupy Rape List’ (crooksandliars.com)
- Andrew Breitbart Tells Cenk Uygur His Rape Rant ‘Was A Stunt’ (mediaite.com)
- Video: Alec Baldwin Is Still Playing Words With Friends “But Now on Virgin Atlantic” (popsugar.com)