Sure, Mr. Johnson…
Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI), who got into a heated exchange with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during a Senate hearing on the deadly Benghazi attack, on Thursday said he shouldn’t have speculated that Clinton showed emotion to get out of answering tough questions.
“I did not accuse of her crying, no,” Johnson said on CNN. “I was responding to a question, Soledad. I probably speculated, and I shouldn’t have.”
Johnson told BuzzFeed on Wednesday that Clinton “just decided before she was going to describe emotionally the four dead Americans, the heroes, and use that as her trump card to get out of the questions. It was a good way of getting out of really having to respond to me.”
Clinton, in the exchange, asked Johnson what difference it makes whether the attack sprang out of a spontaneous protest or was a premeditated assault.
On Thursday, Johnson said, “The bottom line here, again, is the reason it makes a difference is the American people deserve the truth from their President and from this administration, and they haven’t gotten it yet.”
- Videos: Hillary Clinton on the Hill (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Ron Johnson steps back from comment on Hillary Clinton’s emotional testimony (jsonline.com)
- Idiot Senator Complains About Lack Of Benghazi Briefings He Skipped, Just Like The Other Idiots (wonkette.com)
- Outgoing secretary of state Hillary Rodham Clinton, Sen. Johnson tangle over Benghazi attack (jsonline.com)
- The Amazing Stupidity of Ron Johnson, Part 2 (skydancingblog.com)