Ha! Conservatives always get caught “out there” by satirical wit…
The Daily Currant has fooled several members of the media into falling for satirical stories — from Glenn Beck and terrorist-contaminated pizza to Sarah Palin and Al Jazeera. On Friday, it fooled yet another: The Drudge Report. This time with a story about New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The Currant’s story said Bloomberg “was denied a second slice of pizza today at an Italian eatery in Brooklyn” after reaching his “personal slice limit.” It was meant to be a jab at the mayor’s effort to limit the portions of sugary drinks sold in the city.
The Drudge Report played it up thusly:
Recently, you may recall, The Daily Currant fooled The Washington Post into thinking Sarah Palinwas headed to Al Jazeera. It also successfully fooled the media with a story about Ann Coulter“refusing to board a plane with a black pilot” and Paul Krugman filing for bankruptcy after living a bitlavishly. And then there was that time Bill O’Reilly assaulted a department store Santa.
- ‘No Pizza For You!': Drudge Report Falls For Daily Currant’s Satirical Story About Mayor Bloomberg (mediaite.com)
- The Daily Currant isn’t funny (politico.com)
- Daily Currant satire fools Drudge (oddonion.com)
- The Satire Site That Dupes More Professionals Than The Onion (businessinsider.com)
- Things In Politico That Make Me Want To Guzzle Antifreeze, Part The Infinity (esquire.com)
- “You’ve Reached Your Slice Limit Mayor Bloomberg” – The Food Police Meets The Pizza Nazi (zerohedge.com)
- The Drudge Report Fell Hard for This Fake Bloomberg Pizza Revenge Story (theatlanticwire.com)
- Drudge and His Minions Fall for Terrible Joke About Bloomberg’s Pizza Freedom (redsfan.newsvine.com)