Darrell Issa (R-CA) made a fool of himself on “Meet the Press” Sunday as he tried to defend his Benghazi conspiracy. David Gregory (R-TV) pushed back hard, even bringing up the GOP’s defending of security.
Issa even accused General David Petraeus of lying for the administration. As soon as Gregory would call Issa on one thing, he’d say he was investigating something else. Issa accused Tom Pickering of refusing to testify when in fact, Issa had not invited him to speak and Pickering was told that the Republican majority did not want him there. Issa ended up backtracking on that one, too, and it was super awkward when it came out that Issa never asked for him to appear. Turns out, Issa was just making inaccurate, unfounded accusations so as to falsely infuse his Benghazi hearings with nefarious dark secrets, because that is what Issa does for a living.
The worst news for Issa was that Gregory refused to be his usual GOP shill, which is an alarming indication that Republicans have pushed their Benghazi conspiracy one wingnut too far.
Watch here via NBC…
- Issa: Clinton, Obama ‘Not Targets’ (nationalreview.com)
- On Benghazi probe, GOP’s Issa says ‘Hillary Clinton’s not a target’ (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- To Darrell Issa, Benghazi is just more theater, but even fiction doesn’t always work on stage (dailykos.com)
- Issa: IRS’s ‘mea culpa is not an honest one’ (rare.us)
- No, Obama Didn’t ‘Lie For A Month’ About Benghazi (thinkprogress.org)