This past week, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) told the GOP it would be “incredibly stupid” to ignore Latinos as a political force. “This is about the conservative cause. If you look over the horizon over the next 10 or 20 years…without an active involvement of Hispanics, we will not be the governing philosophy,” he said.
During an interview with Fox News’ Geraldo Rivera which aired this weekend, Bush — who opposed the original Arizona law SB-1070 and is in favor of comprehensive immigration reform — said he is alienating conservatives in his efforts to reach out to Latinos:
You could hear crickets around me in my views on immigration on this particular issue. It’s a solitary view, I guess — or close to it.
- Jeb Bush for President in 2016! (thedailybeast.com)
- Mark Levin Never Promoted Murder (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
- Jeb Bush Guides Republican Outreach To Latino Voters (huffingtonpost.com)
- Radio Host Mark Levin Challenges Chris Matthews, Threatens To Sue Any MSNBC Host (mediaite.com)
- Conservative Radio Host Threatens To SUE Chris Matthews (huffingtonpost.com)
- Barbara Bush Hitting Palin to Help Jeb? (hotair.com)