As the murder trial for George Zimmerman begins, his father has released an emotional and highly unusual e-book, publicly opining on all aspects of the case. The book by Robert Zimmerman Sr., called “Florida v. Zimmerman: Uncovering the Malicious Prosecution of my Son, George” was released today on Amazon for $3.99.
The most striking chapter is called “Who Are The True Racists,” an apparent effort to rebut claims that his son’s actions were racially motivated.
Previously, Zimmerman Sr. “believed generally racism was a thing of the past.” He says that, personally, he hadn’t encountered much racism, even though his wife is Hispanic. But after his son shot and killed Trayvon Martin, however, Zimmerman learned that racism is “flourishing at the insistence of some in the African American Community.” He then goes on to list various black leaders and organizations that he believes are racist:
Congressional Black Caucus. “[A] pathetic, self-serving group of racists… advancing their purely racist agenda.” He later adds that “all members of Congress should be ashamed of the Congressional Black Caucus, as should be their constituents.” And finally: “They are truly a disgrace to all Americans.”
The NAACP. “[S]imply promotes racism and hatred for their own, primarily finical, interests” and “without prejudice and racial divide, the NAACP would simply cease to exist.”
NAACP President Benjamin Jealous. “[W]hat I would expect of a racist.”
Trayvon Martin’s funeral director. A “racial activist and former head of the local NAACP.”
Benjamin Crump, Natialie Jackson and Darrly Parks, attorneys for Travyon Martin’s family. “The scheme team.”
The National Basketball Players Association.
Black Chamber of Commerce.
National Association of Black Law Enforcement Officers.
National Black United Fund.
United Negro College Fund.
While stopping short of explicitly calling President Obama a racist, Zimmerman Sr. does say that Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder have “shamelessly” sought to exploit his son’s case “to obtain great advantage in the African-American community.”
Zimmerman Sr. says that because of Holder’s decision to investigate whether Trayvon Martin’s death violated federal civil rights laws, the FBI did not have “adequate resources to investigate clearly identified potential terrorist [sic] in the Boston area.” Now, “tragically, we have suffered the consequences of Mr. Holder’s politically motivated decisions.”
- Zimmerman’s Father Blames Boston Bombings On Eric Holder’s Decision To Investigate Trayvon’s Death (mediaite.com)
- George Zimmerman’s Father Says The ‘True Racists’ Are African-American (thinkprogress.org.feedsportal.com)
- George Zimmerman’s Brother Takes Aim at the NAACP (bet.com)
- NataLIE Jackson Accuses Zimmerman Defense Team of “Racism” – However, Lets Looksee How RACIST Ms. Jackson Actually Is…. (NO_LIMIT_NUTTER Responds) (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- George Zimmerman Trial Live Stream: Jury Selection Continues at a Snail’s Pace in Trayvon Martin Case (WATCH) (hngn.com)
- Mark Fuhrman Describes Trayvon Martin As A Possible ‘Dead Suspect’ (newshounds.us)
- Trayvon Martin murder case goes to trial in Florida – Reuters (reuters.com)
- America takes sides… (independent.co.uk)