This is the 21st century yet certain groups would rather see this country return back to the 18th century.
The 24 hour magazine for discerning Liberals
A young, African-American boy in Fairfield, Ohio had his presidential aspirations stomped on when his teacher, Gil Voigt, repeatedly told him, “we do not need another black president.” Voigt has been suspended.
According to Fairfield school board President, Dan Murray, Voigt’s suspension is the first step in permanently getting rid of him.
“He was talking to some students and said some things that were racially insensitive. We take diversity in our school district very seriously with tolerance of people who are different. We just felt this teacher had crossed the line,” Murray said.
Source: Journal News
Oh, but in case you think the school board is reacting in a quick and timely manner, this is Voigt’s fourth time in front of the board.
(Superintendent Paul) Otten said Voigt had been reprimanded for racially insensitive remarks in the past. A report prepared by Assistant Superintendent Roger Martin lists four instances of discipline: A verbal warning in April 2008 for an “inappropriate racial comment,” another in November 2008 for “improper use of school technology” and a third in December 2013 for “inappropriate comments to students.” He also received a written warning last month for “failure to use adopted curriculum.”
Voigt isn’t the first Ohio teacher to be disciplined for racism. On Halloween, Akron’s David Spondike took to Facebook to rant about a teen who urinated in front of some trick-or-treaters. He posted:
I don’t mind if you come to my neighborhood from the ghetto to trick-or-treat. But when you whip out your teeny dicks and piss on the telephone pole in front of my yard and a bunch of preschoolers and toddlers, you can take your nigger-ass back where it came from. I don’t have anything against anyone of any color, but niggers, stay out!
He claimed he wasn’t racist, though:
“Racism” implies prejudging, which is clearly not what happened here. Making any excuse for allowing one race to use a word and condemning another race for using the same word is institutionalized racism in and of itself, regardless of the justification used.
Spondike’s future is still uncertain and Voigt has 10 days from the time of notification to appeal his suspension.
- Ohio teacher tells African-American student: ‘We do not need another black president’ (rawstory.com)
- Ohio school teacher to Black student, “We do not need another black president” (freakoutnation.com)
- Racist Ohio Teacher Suspended After Telling Student ‘We Don’t Need Another Black President’ (aattp.org)
- SMH: White Teacher Suspended For Telling Black Student – “We Don’t Need Another Black President” (bossip.com)
- White Teacher Tells Black Student ‘We Don’t Need Another Black President’ (cleveland.cbslocal.com)
- Teacher Tells African American Students: ‘We Don’t Need Another Black President’ (politicalblindspot.com)