I’ve been watching Rachel Maddow’s reports on the brewing political scandal in New Jersey. Those reports have piqued my interest. Therefore, from time to time I’ll be posting updates on the current “mini-scandal” and where it leads…
Video Courtesy of DemRapidResponse
The Democratic National Committee this morning released a web video asking if “Chris Christie’s political payback” was behind the closure of lanes to the world’s busiest bridge on the first day of school in Fort Lee.
The two-minute spot, “Chris Christie’s Bridge Scandal Explained,” suggests an official connected to the governor at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey ordered up the traffic mess to punish the town’s mayor for failing to endorse Christie’s re-election bid.
The DNC video calls the agency’s director of interstate capital projects, David Wildstein, “Christie’s high school friend.” Last week Wildstein submitted his resignation, saying he’s leaving the agency earlier than planned because the lane closure snafu had become a distraction. The governor has said he had nothing to do with the lane closure.
Assemblyman John Wisniewski on Thursday subpoenaed Port Authoritydocuments from seven officials, including Wildstein and Executive Director Bill Baroni, who has said the lane closures were part of a traffic study. The study has yet to surface.
The final frame of the video says, “New Jerseyans deserve answers.”
- IN A JAM…Chris Christie Administration In A Jam Over Charges Of Using Busiest U.S. Bridge In Political Payback (kstreet607.com)
- Chris Christie Administration In A Jam Over Charges Of Using Busiest U.S. Bridge In Political Payback (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rachel Maddow: Was Chris Christie enough of a bully to shut down a bridge to spite a mayor? (rawstory.com)
- Next GWB Controversy Target: Chris Christie (wnyc.org)
- First on CNN: Dem group goes after Chris Christie on bridge controversy (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)