This is what Faux News is all about. Fear mongering and hatred of the “other”. The following tirade by Fox News host Bob Beckel is fodder for their xenophobic viewers…
“No more mosques being built here until [Muslims] stand up and denounce what’s happened in the name of your prophet.”
Forget the Ground Zero mosque.
Fox News co-host Bob Beckel doesn’t want any more mosques anywhere in the U.S., until American Muslims denounce the Kenyan mall attacks.
On Monday, Beckel went on a tirade about Islam, saying it was “not the religion of peace,” and insisting that “the time has come” for moderate Muslims to “stand up and say something.”
“No Muslim students coming here with visas,” he said. “No more mosques being built here until you stand up and denounce what’s happened in the name of your prophet.”
Mainstream Islamic groups like the Council on American-Islamic Relations have already condemned the attack.
Beckel’s rant starts around the two-minute mark in the above video.
- Fox’s Beckel: No more mosques in America until Muslims ‘denounce’ Kenya attacks (politico.com)
- Fox ‘liberal’ Bob Beckel: No new U.S. mosques until Muslims ‘denounce’ Kenya attack (rawstory.com)
- Watch a Fox News host’s unhinged rant about Muslims, mosques, and Kenya (wrestlenot.wordpress.com)
- Bob Beckel: No More Mosques In America Until Muslims Denounce Terror Attack In Kenya… (redflagnews.com)
- Beckel to American Muslims: You cowards stand up or get out! (bizpacreview.com)