I’ve tried to limit the coverage on the Zimmerman verdict but it seems to be dominating the news cycles. In the mean time I must say this: Bill O’Reilly is a pompous ass…
Think the U.S. justice system treats African Americans unfairly? Then you “simply hate America” or suffer a “victim mentality,” according to Fox News host Bill O’Reilly.
After highlighting some of the violence that occurred after George Zimmerman was found not guilty of second-degree murder, the Fox News host said Monday night those upset by the verdict could be roughly divided into two groups: those who hated America and those overwhelmed by a victim mentality.
“So the anti-American folks are using the acquittal of George Zimmerman to vent their hatred,” O’Reilly said. “Talking Points believes that’s dishonest. America in general had nothing to do with the death of Trayvon Martin. It was a calamity, not a product of policy.”
He added it was “astounding” that someone like Chicago preacher Father Michael Pfleger could believe America’s long history of institutional racism could impact a criminal trial.
“Now the second group of Americans emotionally invested in the demise of George Zimmerman are those who believe their country is flat out racist,” O’Reilly continued. “That blacks and other minorities don’t get fair play from the justice system, the economic system, or the social system.”
This second group wasn’t actually experiencing racism, he suggested. Instead, their view was based on “person grievances” or the “victim mentality.”
- Bill O’Reilly Says U.S. Crime High Because Of ‘Young Black Men’ (blackamericaweb.com)
- Bill O’Reilly Says U.S. Crime High Because Of “Young Black Men” (newsone.com)
- Why Are Conservatives Hoping For Racial Violence If Zimmerman is Acquitted? (crooksandliars.com)
- Bill O’Reilly Says U.S. Crime High Because Of ‘Young Black Men’ (praisedc.com)
- Bill O’Reilly Suggests Jamie Foxx Is Racist for Trayvon Martin T-Shirt (theroot.com)