Visuals that have no narration, sometimes says it all…
From the author:
…it started off as a ‘simple’ raytraced illustration showing the difference between 1979 and 2012 requested by Joe Romm for a Think Progress article on Cryosat II measurements confirming the PIOMAS data.
I then wanted to see how it would look evolving through the years, which was quite a challenge – I had to write all the code specifically, and it took weeks!
- Video: Climate, Arctic Death Spiral and Weather Whiplash (thinkprogress.org.feedsportal.com)
- Stunning Change (bajandreamer.wordpress.com)
- Ice going, humanity: Arctic melting at alarming rates (grist.org)
- What’s going on with the Arctic Sea ice? (scienceblogs.com)
- Late Night: The Ice Is Melting, Really It Is (my.firedoglake.com)
- On Top Of Sea Ice Death Spiral, Acidification Likely To Radically Alter Arctic (thinkprogress.org.feedsportal.com)
- Animation of Arctic Sea Ice Minimum Volume 1979-2012 (desmogblog.com)
- Be amazed at how far the volume of Arctic ice has dropped (amanwithaphd.wordpress.com)