This was unexpected…
Senate Foreign Relations Committee Ranking Member Bob Corker (R-TN) said Wednesday that he’s “fairly satisfied” with the Obama administration’s account of events that led to the deaths of American diplomats in Benghazi last year.
“We need to know were these people culpable or not. If they were, why are they still on the payroll? Other than that, I’ve been able to read all the cables. I’ve seen the films,” Corker told MSNBC. “I feel like I know what happened in Benghazi. I’m fairly satisfied.”
He cautioned House Republicans to be “respectful” if they probe the issue further.
“Look, if the House wants to have hearings,” he said, “I hope they’re done in a respectful way and hopefully it will shed some light on what happened.”
- Top GOP senator ‘fairly satisfied’ on Benghazi answers (tv.msnbc.com)
- ‘I feel like I know what happened in Benghazi’ (maddowblog.msnbc.com)
- Fireworks expected in Benghazi whistle-blower hearing (cnn.com)
- Diplomats criticize Benghazi response in GOP-led probe (nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com)
- Republicans continue to press for answers on Benghazi (nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com)
- Corker: US moving closer to arming Syrian rebels (newsobserver.com)