As a quasi techie, this article caught my eye…
A life-changing technology revolution, which we thought it was decades away, is upon us, says economist Paul Krugman, author of “End This Depression Now!”
“So far the information technology revolution doesn’t hold a candle to previous technology revolutions,” Krugman said in an interview with Business Insider editor-in-chief Henry Blodget.
“The really big revolutions were the ones that took place largely towards the end of the 19th century that actually powered growth for a long time after that.”
But now, with driverless cars becoming a reality, technology is closer to affecting our physical world — transportation, productivity and efficiency, among others.
Watch Krugman making the case against technology pessimists below.
- KRUGMAN: Sweden Has The Answers To Our Taxation Problems (ibtimes.com)
- KRUGMAN: I Missed It, But The Nature Of Inequality Totally Changed In 2000, And Technology May Be To Blame (businessinsider.com)
- Paul Krugman should be Secretary of the Treasury (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Paul Krugman Tears Apart Marco Rubio’s SOTU Response (huffingtonpost.com)
- Economist Paul Krugman: End This Depression Now! (fora.tv)
- Paul Krugman: The Ignorance Caucus (economistsview.typepad.com)