Oh, give me a break Drudge…
Never mind that energy-efficient lighting had nothing to do with it.
The Drudge Report snarkily linked to an Energy Department article published Saturday that praised New Orleans for being at the “Energy Efficient Forefront” and noted that the Superdome “features more than 26,000 LED lights” that conserve energy. However, others quickly pointed out that those are exterior lights, not the lights that went dark inside the dome.
- Conservatives Try To Blame Super Bowl Blackout On Green Energy (alan.com)
- Could a smart grid have prevented the Super Bowl blackout? (washingtonpost.com)
- Not Ready For Prime Time: Did Shoddy “Green Technology” Cause Super Bowl blackout? (radio.foxnews.com)
- Solution to Prevent Any Future Super Bowl Blackout Offered by HiViz Field and Stadium (prweb.com)
- Keep the lights on — at Super Bowl, and as national energy policy (bizjournals.com)
- Beyonce’s Dancer Talks Super Bowl & Blackout (wgno.com)
- NFL: Blackout won’t hurt N.O.’s future bids (espn.go.com)
- Peabody CEO: Super Bowl blackout provides case for coal (stltoday.com)