So, they wonder why they’re losing the “minority” vote by double digits, yet still insist on denigrating minorities unabashedly. Shame on the GOP leadership for continuing to allow their members to constantly put down “minorities” in this way.
Perhaps GOP “wordsmith and strategist Frank Luntz should contact this out of control politician ASAP.
On Wednesday, the Arkansas Senate approved anunconstitutional bill to ban abortion as early as six weeksinto a pregnancy. As The Nation’s Lee Fang noted Friday, this is part of a larger strategy by chief sponsor Sen. Jason Rapert (R) to remake America as a arch-conservative country.
Rapert explained his long-term goals in a racist 2011 rant at a Tea Party rally, as he bashed President Obama for hosting a Ramadan celebration:
RAPERT: I hear you loud and clear, Barack Obama. You don’t represent the country that I grew up with. And your values is [sic] not going to save us. We’re going to take this country back for the Lord. We’re going to try to take this country back for conservatism. And we’re not going to allow minorities to run roughshod over what you people believe in!
Watch the video:
- Another stumble in GOP’s minority outreach efforts (maddowblog.msnbc.com)
- One Video Destroys the Republican Myth that Their Opposition to Obama Isn’t Racial (politicususa.com)
- Not all Republicans are racist, but all racists are cheering this Republican (dailykos.com)
- Arkansas Senator Jason Rapert, The eternal face of American conservatism (digbysblog.blogspot.com)
- Overt Racism In GOP Continues Even As They Deny It: See State Senator Jason Rapert (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)
- Here’s One Reason Why Republican’s Minority Outreach is Doomed to Failure (mariopiperni.com)
- Arkansas Senator Jason Rapert Not Having Any A You My-Nor-I-Ties Tellin’ Him What To Do, Yeehaw (wonkette.com)
- Sir, Frank Luntz on line 4. He says it’s urgent. (balloon-juice.com)