Fox Nation was leading the “outrage” over this fallacy…
There’s a new rumor going around that the University of Chicago wants to pave what’s left of Reagan’s paradise and put up a socialist parking lot.
On Wednesday, the UK tabloid the Daily Mailpublished a story claiming that the university had plans to demolish Ronald Reagan’s childhood home in Chicago (832 E. 57th St.), to make room for a parking lot for a potential Barack Obama Presidential Library. It goes without saying that this would be flipping one gigantic bird to the American right.
It was at this apartment building that Reagan survived a severe bout of pneumonia. It’s also where the future president was living when his older brother was run over by a horse-drawn beer wagon (the incident wasn’t fatal, but left a long scar on his leg). In 2004, the University of Chicago bought the land encompassing the apartment building where the 40th President of the United States lived between the age of 3 and 4. Residents were ordered out in 2010. The Commission on Chicago Landmarks denied the structure “landmark status,” which gave the university the greenlight to take a bulldoze to the vacant six-flat building to make way for planned campus expansion.
“Some have said that the liberal Chicago establishment does not want a reminder that Reagan,a conservative icon, once lived in the city,” the thinly sourced Daily Mail report reads.
- Reagan’s Childhood Home To Be Bulldozed For Obama Presidential Library (cornhusker4palin.newsvine.com)
- Ronald Reagan’s Childhood Home To Be Bulldozed For Possible Future Home Of Obama Library (mediaite.com)
- No, the childhood home of Ronald Reagan isn’t being torn down for the Obama Library (blogs.suntimes.com)
- Obama To Build His Victory Mosque on the Site of Reagan’s Childhood Home? (iowntheworld.com)
- President Reagan’s Childhood Home to Become Parking Lot for Obama’s Library (tammybruce.com)
- Act of Spite? Reagan Boyhood Home Could Become Parking Lot for Obama Library (patdollard.com)
- Old Reagan home to be demolished in secret Obama plot, probably (dailykos.com)