I hope they’re as entertaining as last year…
The Super Bowl isn’t even here yet, but some of the ads airing during the game are already out in their entirety.
In years past, advertisers guarded their commercials for game day with the utmost secrecy. That’s not the case anymore, as several companies — including Volkswagen, Century 21, Taco Bell and Mercedes-Benz — are already out with full-length ads. Other companies, like Gildan, Kraft and Anheuser-Busch, have released teasers to hype up viewers for the Super Bowl.
In fact, about half of the 30 Super Bowl advertisers are expected to have teasers this year, according to the Associated Press. That number is up from 10 in 2012. The online teaser has been one of the top new trends for Super Bowl commercials in recent years.
Paul Chibe, chief marketing officer at Anheuser-Busch, explained the merits of a teaser, saying, “It’s a great way to pique people’s interest.” Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed also said that the goal of releasing a teaser was to make people say, “Shh, shh, shh. Here comes the ad.”
Here are just a few of many scheduled to air on Sunday…
Toyota RAV4 2013 Big Game Commercial
Doritos Express Checkout
Doritos Road Chip
Diner: Mercedes-Benz Super Bowl Commercial Teaser
Jukebox: Mercedes-Benz Super Bowl Commercial Teaser
2013 Hyundai Genesis: “Excited”
Viva Young – 2013 Taco Bell Game Day Commercial
Audi 2013 Big Game Commercial: “Prom”
- Let’s rank the six best leaked Super Bowl XLVII commercials so far (offthebench.nbcsports.com)
- 5 Top Trends for 2013 Super Bowl Commercials (business.time.com)
- Super Bowl advertisers teasing (toledoblade.com)
- Super Bowl Viewers Get Sneak Peek At Ads (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Web World: Super Bowl Teasers (fox2now.com)
- Here Are All The Ads You’ll See On Super Bowl Sunday (businessinsider.com)
- Adver-teasers: Super Bowl viewers get peek at ads (kfwbam.com)