Is it insanity or callousness?
Either way, this nation and especially our children are in grave danger if trying to implement some control on assault weapons is not taken seriously.
No one is looking to take anyone’s hunting guns or home protection weapons away here. Yet, no one needs an assault weapon to shoot a deer. A decent handgun or rifle can stop a home intruder in their tracks.
In the case below, the “gun control” hearing was about limiting the rounds on an automatic weapons to ten…
Neil Heslin, the father of 6-year-old Jesse Lewis, was in the minority at the Legislative Office Building in Hartford, where hundreds wore yellow armbands reading, “Another responsible gun owner.”
Heslin, the father of 6-year-old Jesse Lewis, who was killed by Lanza, was puzzled by the protests, by the assertions that their families will be unsafe if they are limited to 10-round magazines, as is proposed by one bill.
“We’re not living in the Wild West,” Heslin said.
Heslin, who grew up hunting, said he was wary about a widespread ban on firearms, but he also said he could imagine no reason why Nancy Lanza or any parent would have owned a weapon like the AR-15, a semiautomatic modeled after the military’s fully automatic M-16.
“The sole purpose of those AR-15s or AK-47s is to put a lot of lead out on the battlefield quickly, and that’s what they do. And that’s what they did at Sandy Hook Elementary School on the 14th,” Heslin said.
When he wondered aloud how such guns could be privately owned, someone shouted, “The Second Amendment!”
Heslin spoke while holding a gilt-framed portrait of him and his son, taken when Jesse was a baby.
Neil Heslin on the Sandy Hook Shooting
This is Mr. Heslin on the evening of the Sandy Hooks shootings appearing on Piers Morgan’s show.
- Takes Your Breath Away (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Father Of Newtown Victim Heckled While Calling For Gun Control (alan.com)
- CONNECTICUT: Gun Nuts Heckle Father Of Slain Sandy Hook Child (joemygod.blogspot.com)
- NRA Tactics Under Fire After Father of Newtown Victim Heckled (politicususa.com)
- Gun debate incivility: No excuse for heckling victims’ families (kzawadzki88.wordpress.com)
- The Audacity of Stupid: Gun Extremists Heckle Father Of Newtown Victim (addictinginfo.org)
- Artist Activist Michael D’Antuono Proclaims January 20th, 2013 “Gun Depreciation Day” (prweb.com)
- Still More Valued Stakeholders (brainiac-conspiracy.typepad.com)
- Newtown parents urge enforcement of gun laws (cnsnews.com)
- Newtown parents urge enforcement of gun laws (wvgazette.com)