As per The United States Constitution, an elected President must be sworn in on January 20th of the year following the election. The inaugural “pomp and circumstance” version will occur tomorrow January 21st 2013 because January 20th fell on a Sunday. January 21, 2013 is also the national floating holiday for Martin Luther King’s birthday.
H/t: Yankee Clipper
- Obama, Biden Swearing In Ceremonies (abcnews.go.com)
- President Obama Sworn in to 2nd Term (huffingtonpost.com)
- Congratulations Mr President YesYou Have Done It Again 2 More Years (malikalovenotes.wordpress.com)
- Biden officially sworn in for second term (cbsnews.com)
- It’s Official: Obama and Biden Sworn-In for Another Four Years (theatlanticwire.com)