Judge Napolitano is right about one thing: it is a dirty little secret that pro-assault weapon advocates have been pushing the notion that they use their weapons for protection and for hunting when in fact there is a more sinister reason.
Assault weapon advocates have been backed in a corner about using their “weapons for hunting”, so it appears the consensus is that they may as well expose their “dirty little secret” as Napolitano calls it, and tell the world the truth:
The reason for the second amendment, which protect the right of American citizens to bear arms, is among other things, a protection of a citizen’s right to shoot government “tyrants”.
Here’s my problem with that scenario, who is defining the term “government tyrants”. Limbaugh, Hannity, O’Reilly? Drudge, Newsmax, WND? The gun bearer?
How many government tyrants are there? Or perhaps, there is one “head enchilada” tyrant that needs to be taken out. How many gun toting Americans will decide who that person is?
Will there be a new revolution as Alex what-his-name stated on The Piers Morgan Show a few days ago? Or will it be some lone gunman who has determined (with the help of right-wing talk radio and websites) that a particular target or more is the reason for the country’s ills or it’s anti-gun stance, as perceived by the future “shooter”?
The Judge seems to have opened up more questions than answers…
In a video published Thursday on the Gretawire blog, Andrew Napolitano, the senior judicial analyst for Fox News, said the Second Amendment allowed Americans to kill “tyrants.”
“You know with all the debate about guns, I’ve been doing some writing and doing a lot of thinking, and Greta and the rest of us at Fox want to know what you think about it,” the former New Jersey Superior Court Judge said. “The Constitution specifically and directly insulates the right to keep and bear arms from interference from the government. It could not be more clear: ‘…the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’”
“So since the Congress can’t change the Constitution, how could they possibly take away your right to keep and bear arms?” Napolitano continued. “Here’s the dirty little secret about the Second Amendment, the Second Amendment was not written in order to protect your right to shoot deer, it was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants if they take over the government. How about chewing on that one.”
Watch video, uploaded to YouTube, below:
- Gun Rights vs. Gun Laws (politicaloutcast.com)
- The Second Amendment Was Never About The Right To Go Hunting (vineoflife.net)
- Judge Napolitano on Gun Control and Natural Rights (reason.com)
- Preserving guns & freedom (triblive.com)
- “The right to shoot tyrants, not deer” (fabiusmaximus.com)
- Napolitano: Putnam County Clerk Will Ultimately Have to Choose Between a Statute and the Second Amendment in Fight to Protect Gun Permit Holders (foxnewsinsider.com)
- NAPOLITANO: The right to shoot tyrants, not deer – Washington Times (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Individuals are sovereign – not the government (wnd.com)
- Judge Napolitano: Second Amendment ‘protects your right to shoot tyrants’ (rawstory.com)