This is too funny, and I support his position on gun control, but I definitely see the logic in this…
After a petition to deport the pro-gun control CNN host gains momentum, a counter-petition emerges
A petition calling to deport pro-gun control CNN host Piers Morgan back to England has easily surpassed the 25,000 that requires a response from the White House. Started on Friday in Texas a few days after Morgan called gun advocate Larry Pratt “an unbelievably stupid man”, the petition accuses Morgan of engaging “in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution” and wants to deport him “immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens.”
More than 70,000 people have signed the petition. But what if the UK doesn’t want him back?
A new petition called “Keep Piers Morgan in the USA” has emerged:
We want to keep Piers Morgan in the USA.
There are two very good reasons for this. Firstly, the first amendment.
Second and the more important point. No one in the UK wants him back.
Actually there is a third. It will be hilarious to see how loads of angry Americans react.
So far, the petition only has 67 signatures. It needs an additional 24,933 by Jan. 24 to merit a response from the White House.
- Piers Morgan subject of deportation petition over gun views (mercurynews.com)
- Piers Morgan Deportation Petition Gains More Than 30,000 Signatures (huffingtonpost.com)
- US petition to deport Piers Morgan hits 31,400 (news.yahoo.com)
- Thousands sign US petition to deport Piers Morgan (gazette.com)
- White House To Respond To Piers Morgan Deportation Petition After CNN Host Urges Public To Sign (losangeles.cbslocal.com)