Unlike the subject in the previous post, Rachel Maddow is a well respected “truth-teller” who people from all sides of the political spectrum admire…
Rachel Maddow was nominated for a Grammy Award. The nominations wereannounced on Wednesday.
Maddow was nominated for Best Spoken Word Album with her book, “Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power.” She shares the category nomination with Ellen DeGeneres, Bill Clinton and First Lady Michelle Obama.
A number of politicians have been nominated and subsequently won Grammy Awards in this category before. President Barack Obama won in 2008 with his book “The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream.” He also won in 2006 with his book “Dreams From My Father.”
Clinton picked up the prestigious award one year earlier—in 2005—with his book “My Life.” Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also won in this category in 1997 with her book “It Takes A Village.”
The 2013 Grammy Awards will take place on Feb. 10 on CBS.
- MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Nominated For Grammy Award (mediaite.com)
- Michelle Obama & Bill Clinton Get Grammy Nominations; Ellen DeGeneres, Rachel Maddow, ‘Smash’ & ‘The Voice’ Coaches Too (deadline.com)
- Dr. John honored but other local musicians left out of Grammy nominations (wwltv.com)
- Maddow to GOP: McCain is totally not who you want as your foreign policy expert (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Rise of the Left: Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O’Donnnell Beat Fox for an Entire Week (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- 2013 GRAMMY Nominees for Best Musical Theater Album – FOLLIES, PORGY & BESS, NEWSIES, NICE WORK and ONCE! (broadwayworld.com)