In case folks of a different political ideology see the MSNBC anchors’ visit to the White House as confirmation of the fabled “Left Wing Conspiracy” theory, please be assured that President George W. Bush did the same thing with Fox News and right wing talk show personalities during his eight years in The White House…
Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton, and Lawrence O’Donnell all spotted entering the West Wing.
MSNBC’s prime time line-up was spotted entering the West Wing Tuesday afternoon for what host Ed Schultz tweeted was a meeting with President Barack Obama.
White House Principal Deputy Press Secretary Josh Earnest released the following statement on the meeting:
“This afternoon at the White House, the President met with influential progressives to talk about the importance of preventing a tax increase on middle class families, strengthening our economy and adopting a balanced approach to deficit reduction.”
On my way to DC to visit with the President on fiscal cliff…Nancy Pelosi joins me tonight on the Ed Show..
So… in the last hour, I watched Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton and Lawrence O’Donnell all walk into the West Wing. MSNBC love fest?
Maddow, heading into West Wing, said she was here for a “hippie cabal.” Asked if I was coming. NO, DAMN IT, I WASN’T INVITED.
- Obama Has Private White House Meeting With MSNBC Primetime Lineup (patdollard.com)
- MSNBC’s primetime lineup, other ‘progressive journalists’ summoned to White House love fest (twitchy.com)
- MSNBC Party at the White House (freebeacon.com)
- The left wing visits the West Wing (washingtonpost.com)
- Far Away From A Decision (theskewinthenews.wordpress.com)
- Norquist To MSNBC: Obama ‘Thinks Somebody Made Him King,’ Doesn’t Know ‘His Place In The Universe’ (mediaite.com)
- MSNBC Hosts Visit Obama (buzzfeed.com)