Life in the bubble continues undeterred for Republicans. They’re refusing to accept the truth that they lost the election for the simple reason that a majority of Americans did not accept their vision for the country. Here are the bubble numbers from the latest PPP poll:
49% of GOP voters nationally say they think that ACORN stole the election for President Obama. We found that 52% of Republicans thought that ACORN stole the 2008 election for Obama, so this is a modest decline, but perhaps smaller than might have been expected given that ACORN doesn’t exist anymore.
Damn. Despite ACORN’s best efforts to keep their existence a secret, they’ve been found out by right-wing
idiots sleuths who know in their little hearts that God’s Party could never lose an election to a group that promotes hedonism and attracts the slackers and scum of society unless there was thievery involved. </snark>
Categorize the above numbers with the ones that indicate that 30 percent of Republicans still believe President Obama to be a Muslim…or the polls that show that more than half of Republicans believe that Obama was born in a foreign country.
Pathetic, but only slightly less so than this next set of numbers.
Some GOP voters are so unhappy with the outcome that they no longer care to be a part of the United States. 25% of Republicans say they would like their state to secede from the union compared to 56% who want to stay and 19% who aren’t sure.
Is it any surprise that the same PPP poll indicates that fewer Americans now identify themselves as Republicans than Democrats by a 13 point margin: 32 percent of Americans call themselves Republican compared to the 45 percent who identify themselves as Democrats.
Maybe there is hope out there.
- 49% of Republicans Think the 2012 Election Was Stolen? (conservativeread.com)
- Forty-nine percent of Republicans think thing that doesn’t exist stole election for Obama (dailykos.com)
- More From Yesterday’s PPP Poll (joemygod.blogspot.com)
- Right-wing misinformation leads half of Republicans to believe ACORN stole 2012 election (rawstory.com)
- Lots of good stuff in PPP’s post-election poll (dailykos.com)
- Half the GOP thinks ACORN (which no longer exists) stole the election for Obama (tv.msnbc.com)
- Nearly Half of Republicans Think Election was Stolen (politicalwire.com)