Oh, Mr. President. Be afraid, be very afraid. Not…
In a Sunday roundtable discussion on NBC’s “Meet The Press,” Norquist issued a warning to President Barack Obama.
“Tea party two is going to dwarf tea party one if Obama pushes us off the cliff,” Norquist said. “Let’s not pretend who’s pushing us over the cliff.”
Thanks to his anti-tax pledge, Norquist has been a prime target since fiscal cliff discussions picked up steam in November. Democrats have gone so far as to create an online petition against Norquist.
Several Republicans, headed by Sens. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) and Lindsey Graham(R-S.C.) have broken away from Norquist’s pledge. Despite those movements,Norquist vowed last Monday that “nobody is turning on me.”
- Grover Norquist: Beware of a second tea party wave (washingtonpost.com)
- Norquist promises second coming of Tea Party (tv.msnbc.com)
- Norquist Dares Obama: Put Fiscal Cliff Negotiations On TV (patdollard.com)
- Grover Norquist Has ‘Tea Party Two’ Warning For Obama (huffingtonpost.com)
- Norquist: Put fiscal cliff talks on TV (politico.com)