Now before you say this is simply not possible, think about a few things:
- In October Anonymous said that if Rove attempted to steal the election in Ohio or elsewhere, they would stop him
- While raising money from millionaires through his America Crossroads Super Pac, Rove assured every donor that Romney would win
- Karl Rove went crazy when Fox News called Ohio for Obama
- Romney never wrote a concession speech because he was so certain of victory
Also, listen to Thom Hartmann explain:
H/t: Freak Out Nation
The hacktivist group Anonymous is claiming credit for Mitt Romney’s loss, alleging that ORCA, Karl Rove’s GOTV ubercomputer, was actually a vote tabulation manipulation software.
We began following the digital traffic of one Karl Rove, a disrespecter of the Rule of Law, knowing that he claimed to be Kingmaker while grifting vast wealth from barons who gladly handed him gold to anoint another king while looking the other way.After a rather short time, we identified the digital structure of Karl’s operation and even that of his ORCA. This was an easy task in that barn doors were left open and his wind swept us inside.
Before the election Anonymous sent out a warning to Mr. Rove. In my mind what I had imagined transpiring was that after the election, Anonymous would release two spreadsheets, the former being the precinct-correct tally, and the second being the post-manipulation tally. An audit would discover that the “official” tally did not match the pre tabulation numbers, and to no one’s surprise the audit would reveal that the actual vote count matched the precinct-correct tally on Anonymous’ spreadsheet.
But that would have allowed the damage to be done, in order to catch the criminals. Mitt Romney would have already been declared president, and it would take months of court proceedings to reverse the election, amid cries of “stealing the election!” from both sides.
Had it been effective, it would have ruined the Republican brand forever, or at least the next two years, whichever voters remember longer. Given that they were so ready to forget the failures of George W. Bush, I don’t have faith in the permanence of that notion.
So the better route was to “close the barn doors” and prevent the manipulation from happening.
We coded and created, what we call The Great Oz. A targeted password protected firewall that we tested and refined over the past weeks. We placed this code on more than one of the digital tunnels and their destination that Karl’s not so smart worker bees planned to use on election night. We noticed that these tunnels were strategically placed to allow tunnel rats to race to the server sewers from three different states. Ah yes, Karl tried to make it look like there were more than three but we quickly saw the folly of his ploy.
We watched as Karl’s weak corrupters repeatedly tried to penetrate The Great Oz. These children of his were at a loss-how many times and how many passwords did they try-exactly 105.
The skeptics among us might be quick to dismiss this story, but I say not so fast. We do know that Anonymous exists, and they have been adept at penetrating servers. They have revealed gaping security holes, disabled websites in the name of a free and open internet, and even launched cyber attacks against the Pentagon. They stole NYPD surveillance video of OWS protesters. Though unconfirmed, they claim to have stolen one million Apple UDIDs from an FBI laptop. There is no doubt that Anonymous, however ambiguous or loosely affiliated it may be, is real. And frankly they have proven themselves to be less bullshit prone than our politicians and broadcast media outlets.
Do you remember the hubris with which Karl Rove entered the election? How he was devastated and apoplectic at the Fox News brain trust for having called Ohio for Obama? Mitt Romney didn’t even have a concession speech prepared, and while it’s easy to chalk that up to yet another inept step in his stumbling campaign, it’s easier to believe that it was a concrete example of his entitlement in action.
- Late Night Open Thread: Tweaking the Grifter (balloon-juice.com)
- Anonymous Claims to Have Hacked into Karl Rove’s ORCA Thus Stopping His Vote-Switching (motleynews.net)
- ANONYMOUS Puts Karl Rove and American Cross Roads on Notice: We Are Watching You…Do Not Attempt To Rig The Election (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Anonymous Claims to Have Hacked into Karl Rove’s ORCA Thus Stopping His Vote-Switching ” Motley News and Photos (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Did Karl Rove Try to Steal the Election? (allthatsparkles.typepad.com)
- Anonymous Claims It Stopped Karl Rove From Hacking The Election By Hacking ORCA, We Think (wonkette.com)
- Karl Rove’s part of the problem, not the solution (riehlworldview.com)
- Anonymous Claims They Hacked Into ORCA & Jammed It on Election Day (thegatewaypundit.com)