This will not deter the right-wing Obama Conspiracy factory.
They will find ways to continue to blame Obama for the Benghazi attack on September 11, 2012.
Their attack on Ambassador Susan Rice fizzled after General Patraeus’ closed testimony at the Capitol yesterday. Patraeus confirmed that Ambassador Rice was given a CIA-revised version of events in Benghazi to report to the media. The revision was for national security reasons, according to Patraeus.
Funny thing, it appears Sen. John McCain, Rep. Peter King, et al have adapted the Romney style of never apologizing, even for obvious mistakes or outright lies. They definitely owe U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice an apology…
Benghazi gate is not going as Republicans planned, and in fact, the failure to gain traction on their narrative is further compelling Republicans to hysterics. Since they drew so much attention to this issue, courtesy of the need to defend Romney’s Libya debacle just hours after the attack, the media is now paying attention just in time to catch the GOP crazy in full bloom.
It was impossible to miss John McCain’s growing desperation yesterday, as his plans to bring down Obama backfired and the narrative of the day became him skipping the very briefing that would have answered his questions. Trending on Yahoo all day was “John McCain Missed Briefing While Slamming Obama Over Benghazi Attack”. Alexa treated him no better.
Embarrassed and humiliated, the Senator screamed at a CNN for pointing out that while he appeared on TV to talk about how he needed more information about Benghazi, he missed his own committee briefing on Benghazi.
Asked to comment, he said, “I have the right as a senator to have no comment and who the hell are you to tell me I can or not?” Followed up by, “I’m upset that you keep badgering me.”
Then, Republicans in a House Foreign Affairs hearing ratcheted up their accusations to full scale crazy, likening what the Obama administration has done on Benghazi to being worse than Watergate and repeatedly accusing him of lying.
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) bordered on hysteria about how “this” was not just some cover up of a third-rate Watergate burglary, “What is clear is that this administration, including the president himself, has intentionally misinformed, read that LIED, to the American people in the aftermath of this tragedy… This is not simply a cover up of a third-rate burglary.”
The ranting continued with other Republicans chiming in.
- Republican Desperation Grows as Benghazi Backfires and Scandal Talk Fizzles (politicususa.com)
- McCain skips Benghazi briefing, gets testy when questioned by CNN (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- John McCain can’t stop going on TV and being wrong about Benghazi (salon.com)
- McCain jumps the shark (samefacts.com)
- The Ultimate Guide To McCain’s Smear Campaign Against Susan Rice (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Maddow: McCain ‘the engine driving the crazy’ on Benghazi conspiracy theories (rawstory.com)
- John McCain Demands Investigation of His Own Sanity (planetpov.com)
- Soledad O’Brien destroys GOP over Benghazi, Susan Rice (video) (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- CNN: McCain ditched Benghazi hearing to hold Benghazi press conference (rawstory.com)
- Benghazi Boogaloo: Susan Rice Simply Relayed the CIA’s Benghazi Talking Points (littlegreenfootballs.com)