Here’s a little bit of Sunday fluff news.
By the way, with the exception of Sean Connery, in my opinion Daniel Craig is the quintessential “James Bond”.
The highly anticipated upcoming James Bond film Skyfall is still weeks away from hitting theaters, but has already received rave reviews from critics. After taking a four-year hiatus from playing Bond, Daniel Craig reprises his role as British secret agent, with undeniable swagger and killer instinct.
The upcoming release of Skyfall comes on the 50thanniversary of the first Bond film, Dr. No, but also lands on the weekend after the U.S. presidential election.
During an interview with the Grio, Craig declared his support for President Barack Obama.
“I think a lot of issues have become front and center that shouldn’t have, during his [Obama] administration, which has been sad. I think the bi-partisan thing has been a disaster, and a little bit more cooperation in government would have made things an easier ride,” Craig said. “We were in a deep recession, and he’s [Obama] done the best he can. I like that man a lot. I respect him. I trust him. I’m not hiding the fact that I support him. If I had to throw my support behind either candidate it would be Obama.”
In 2008, when Barack Obama was elected for his first term as president of the United States, Craig took firm stance in support of the newly elected head of state.
“This is as significant as when man landed on the moon,” Craig said while addressing reporters at the 2008 opening of Quantum of Solace at the International Film Festival in Rome. “I’m a real fan of Obama because I like his political ideas.”
- James Bond star Daniel Craig declares his support for President Obama (thegrio.com)
- Daniel Craig Signs for 2 More James Bond Films After ‘Skyfall’ (screenrant.com)
- SKYFALL Runtime Revealed, Daniel Craig Confirmed for Two More JAMES BOND Films and Behind-the-Scenes Video for the Opening of SKYFALL (collider.com)
- James Bond: New Skyfall Film. Most sexy Bond girls since 1962 (annielka.wordpress.com)
- IMAX Poster for Skyfall (firewireblog.com)
- Infographic: Which James Bond Had the Most Kills, Conquests, and Martinis? (slashfilm.com)