Between the gun shots, swastika graffiti and Romney’s total lack of deference to the POTUS in the last debate, it appears that some far-right fringe nut jobs seem to think it’s open season on President Obama.
I still have to wonder about the mindset of people who have no respect for the Office of the Presidency or the man holding that office.
Shame on all those who wish to do harm to our country and our POTUS in the name of hatred.
A swastika was found painted on the window of President Barack Obama’s campaign office in a Denver, Colo., suburb late Thursday.
The black Nazi symbol was found by building owners painted outside a window of the office, located in the Denver suburb of Conifer, 9News.com reported. The office opened recently in the Jefferson County hamlet.
The Jefferson County sheriff’s office did not immediately return a request for comment. 9News.com reports that Obama’s campaign has not commented on the incident, which comes a week after a shot was fired into a window of Obama’s Denver campaign office.
In 2009 during a Tea Party rally held to oppose the stimulus package on the day Obama signed the bill, a participant waved a sign bearing a swastika in the “O” of Obama’s name. The sign holder had a picture taken with conservative activist Michelle Malkin and was reportedly on stage when then-state Senate Minority Leader Josh Penry (R-Grand Junction) spoke.
The swastika incident occurs two weeks after an Obama supporter in Tulsa, Okla., who had an Obama sign on his lawn reported receiving a death threat from a neighbor. Kyle Counts, a 27-year-old law student, told HuffPost that the neighbor engaged him an argument after seeing the sign and then yelled the threat, which was captured on video.
UPDATE: 7:55 p.m. — Scott Lorditch, a volunteer at the Conifer office, told The Huffington Post that when he arrived at the office on Friday, staffers told him the vandalism occurred overnight. Lorditch said that Obama lawn signs in front of the office were also shredded. He said that while he did not see the damaged signs, when he arrived the signs were no longer in front of the office.
- Shot fired at Obama campaign field office in Denver, Colorado (mercurynews.com)
- Swastika Found on Obama Colorado Campaign Office Window (alan.com)
- Vandals spraypaint swastikas on Obama Colorado campaign office (rawstory.com)
- Swastika painted on Obama campaign office in Colorado (krdo.com)
- Looks Like Someone Shout Out a Window at Obama’s Denver Campaign Offices (observer.com)
- You: Shot Fired into Obama Campaign Office (thedailybeast.com)
- Vandals spray-paint swastikas on Obama campaign office in Conifer (denverpost.com)
- Denver Post Endorses Obama for President (mahilena.typepad.com)