When folks on Fox News and elsewhere make accusations about President Obama and his administration and are subsequently proven wrong, I wonder if they have ever apologized to their audience for giving them misinformation. I doubt it…
Uh oh. Seems the Romney campaign’s ongoing campaign to take advantage of the murder of American officials abroad is backfiring on them, again.
The Romney campaign may have misfired with its suggestion that statements by President Obama and U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice about the Benghazi attack last month weren’t supported by intelligence, according to documents provided by a senior U.S. intelligence official.
“Talking points” prepared by the CIA on Sept. 15, the same day that Rice taped three television appearances, support her description of the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate as a reaction to Arab anger about an anti-Muslim video prepared in the United States. According to the CIA account, “The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. Consulate and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.”
A memo prepared by the National Counterterrorism Center on Sept. 14 illustrates the fragmentary nature of the evidence: “As time progresses, we are learning more, but we still don’t have a complete picture of what happened,” noted the analysts. “At this point, we are not aware of any actionable intelligence that this attack was planned or imminent. . . . We are very cautious about drawing any firm conclusions at this point with regard to identification and motivation of the attackers.”
- CONVENIENT NEW REVELATIONS: CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks…. (pjmedia.com)
- CIA Documents Supported Susan Rice’s Description Of Benghazi Attacks (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- CIA Docs Support First Benghazi Description (drudge.com)
- CIA Documents Support Obama on Libya Attack (politicalwire.com)
- Romney’s Benghazi Boomerang I (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- More Problems for Romney (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- CIA Documents Support Amb. Susan Rice’s Statements On Benghazi Attacks (alan.com)