Tucker Carlson, founder of The Daily Caller, on Tuesday night slammed President Barack Obama for using black vernacular in a “racially divisive” speech that occurred five years ago.
“Let me just be totally clear, anyone who just watched it and has seen Obama speak in public over the last ten years will note this accent is absurd,” he told Fox News host Sean Hannity. “This is not the way Obama talks. At least it is not the way he talked in the scores of speeches I’ve watched him give, the public appearances I’ve seen him make. This is a put on. This is phony.”
The Daily Caller on Tuesday published a “never-before-seen” video of Obama delivering a speech at Hampton University Annual Ministers’ Conference in 2007 in which he spoke about poverty among African-Americans.
Tucker said the speech was meant to tell the mostly African-American audience that the federal government was racist. He accused Obama of making “appeals to racial solidarity.”
“The falseness here is overwhelming,” Tucker said, after Hannity played two clips where Obama spoke in different tones.
“And I would say whether he was putting on a southern accent or Asian accent, it doesn’t matter. He is playing a role in one of these cases. It is not clear in which one. I assume in the Hampton’s speech he is putting on a persona he doesn’t usually occupy to pander to the crowd, but who knows?”
Watch video, uploaded to YouTube, below:
- Right-wing racial panic (salon.com)
- Tucker Carlson Already Reported on That Tucker Carlson Exclusive (theatlanticwire.com)
- Tucker Carlson’s news is not all that ‘exclusive’ (macleans.ca)
- Fox News ‘Exposes’ The Most Awesome Barack Obama Speech Ever…That Fox ‘Covered Up’ (mediaite.com)
- OBAMA’S OTHER RACE SPEECH, as Matt Drudge describes it, is now online at the Daily Caller. UPDATE… (pjmedia.com)