Once again, Mario Piperni’s website proves why it’s a must read site.
I have heard so much stuff about voter suppression and some of the difficulties being reported in regard to all the new Voter ID Laws being passed in a lot of states that I thought it might be helpful to share an article I found on the Internet about Voting Rights.
The article I found is reportedly published by The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and reportedly shows voting rights from state to state.
I tried the site out and I discovered a map where all the states are listed and I discovered that when I click on my particular state, the voter information comes up where I can read it and kind of interact with it. I found out by clicking on the appropriate thing that my own voter registration shows as being fine and I should be good to go.
There is a note on the page that says checking registrations is important this year because there have been so many reported changes in the rules in various states.
From what I have been reading and hearing lately, I decided early on that it is probably not all that cool to just go ahead and assume that everything is alright with my personal registration because if the rules have changed, there might be something that I have to do to get current – – – so I did what I thought was the right thing to do to make sure I can vote without any hassle – – – I checked it out.
I didn’t want to encounter any unpleasant surprises when it comes time for me to cast my vote this year.
It seems, from all that I have been seeing and hearing during this election cycle, that there is a lot of concern all around the country about issues surrounding the possibilities of one kind of voter fraud or another and about the new Voted ID laws – – – it seems to have gotten pretty hot out there about voters, voting and voting rights this time around.
So, having a desire to be a good little political blogger, I thought it would be nice to share this article for anyone who might be interested. Voting rights for your specific state can be found at Let Me Vote and your voter registration status can be determined at: Can I Vote.
- Check Out Your Voter Registration Status (mariopiperni.com)
- Game-Changer… Dem Voter Registration in 8 Swing States Outnumbers GOP Decline by 10 to 1 Ratio (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Voting Rights And Wrongs: Bad Voter Registration Methods (5min.com)
- It’s National Voter Registration Day – Are You Ready? (blogher.com)
- Ohio Voter Registration Down, Especially for Dems (realclearpolitics.com)
- DRAMATICALLY DECLINING DEMOCRATIC VOTER REGISTRATION: Of course you won’t find this widely reporte… (pjmedia.com)
- Reminder from Reverend April Lussier (ucmblog.wordpress.com)
- Voter Registration Fraud In Florida (lezgetreal.com)