A leader is defined as a person who manages the process of social influence in which s/he honestly enlists the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task. A liar is a person who intentionally delivers a false statement to another person in order to deceive that person. Liars don’t lead; they mislead.
Leadership was a common theme articulated throughout the Republican National Convention. Republicans contend that President Obama lacks the leadership necessary to move the country beyond the current economic crisis and does not possess the leadership necessary to navigate the treacherous international waters going forward. Republicans contend that former governor Mitt Romney and Rep. Paul Ryan (D-Wisconsin) possess the leadership qualities to effectively manage the economy and strengthen America’s position on the global stage.
There are honest, fact-based debates between President Obama’s supporters and detractors regarding his current record, leadership style, and negotiating skills. Many have questioned the president’s willingness to make concessions during budget and health care negotiations; his foreign policy decisions, including Guantanamo; the use of drones to perform bombing raids; and the assassination of Muammar Qaddafi. The difference between legitimate debate and what was presented at the Republican National Convention is the utter lack of factual content by too many Republican speakers. They did not make misstatements, exaggerations, mistakes or errors. They lied.
- RNC Chairman Calls Harry Reid A “Dirty Liar” (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Are Today’s Republicans Liars or Something Else? (delong.typepad.com)
- Lying Liars and the Television Critics Who Enable Them (slog.thestranger.com)
- Political word of the day: Liar (politico.com)
- Mitt Romney Essentially Calls Obama a Liar: ‘The President Tends to, How Shall I Say it, to Say Things That Aren’t True’ | Video | TheBlaze.com (rayrope.wordpress.com)
- Liars (americablog.com)
- Is Paul Ryan a Pathological Liar? (skydancingblog.com)
- World Class Liar: Runner’s World Debunks Outlandish Paul Ryan Marathon Claim (mediaite.com)