Frank Bruni questions Michele Bachmann’s version of Christian love.
What I find most fascinating about Michele Bachmann — and there are many, many more where she came from — is that she presents herself as a godly woman, humbly devoted to her Christian faith. I’d like to meet that god, and I’d like to understand that Christianity.
Bachmann’s concept of Christian love brims with hate, and she has a deep satchel of stones to throw. From what kind of messiah did she learn that?
Indeed. Bachmann’s attack on Hillary Clinton aide, Huma Abedin (Abedin is apparently an agent for the Muslim Brotherhood…sigh), is just another example of the delusional crusade Bachmann has embarked upon in her battle to filter out those she deems impure. She follows in the footsteps of Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson and other hate mongers who shield themselves behind the Bible and use politics as a means to further their demonization of Muslims, gays and any other sector of society that does not fit neatly into their narrow interpretation of what constitutes good.
Bruni takes a look at some of Bachmann’s illogical beliefs and conspiratorial theories on homosexuals, Muslims and women’s rights. He closes with:
Most of us distinguish, rightly, between Muslim extremists and other followers of Islam. Perhaps we should start noting the difference between Christians of real compassion and those exclusionary spite.
Bachmann’s on to something: dangerous fundamentalists have indeed set up camp deep inside the capital. She can find one in her office. She need only look in the mirror.
Is this not clear enough? And yet the people of Minnesota keep on putting into office an individual who is clearly mentally unfit to govern. Why?
- Top Clinton Aide Threatened After Bachmann Allegations (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Huma Abedin Gets Police Security After Being Threatened (mediaite.com)
- Top Clinton Aide Threatened After Bachmann Allegations (thinkprogress.org)
- Boehner: Bachmann charge against Clinton aide ‘pretty dangerous’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Michele Bachmann’s baseless attack on Huma Abedin – Washington Post (washingtonpost.com)
- Meet Huma Abedin’s Latest Defender: John Boehner (theatlanticwire.com)