Robert Reich does it again…
Daily Archives: July 18, 2012
This video appears to be quite accurate…
Leave it to an over-zealous conservative blogger to make this mega faux-pas…
A conservative blogger’s recent attempt to sandbag Pulitzer Prize-winning syndicated columnist Connie Schultz proved to be an epic failure — and the only thing saving him from public embarrassment is Schultz’s own grace.
The story begins on July 9, says Schultz, when she received an email from the inquiring blogger, who promptly misspelled the name of the author, former columnist for the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, and winner of the 2004 Pulitzer for commentary:
Dear Ms. Shultz,We are doing an expose on journalists in the elite media who socialize with elected officials they are assigned to cover. We have found numerous photos of you with Sen. Sherrod Brown. In one of them, you appear to be hugging him.
Care to comment?
Uh oh, you might think. Soon she’ll have to defend herself from allegations of being overly cozy with a subject she reports on. Well — not quite.
On July 10, she replied with this:
Dear Mr. [Name Deleted]:I am surprised you did not find a photo of me kissing U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown so hard he passes out from lack of oxygen. He’s really cute.
He’s also my husband.
You know that, right?
Brown and Schultz have been married since 2004, as even a cursory Google search or glance through either one’s Wikipedia page would show. She recounted the amusing tale on Facebookand noted that as of Tuesday she hadn’t received a response.
Reached by TPM, Schultz preferred not to name the blogger or publication.
“I figure he’s an intern, as his name didn’t show up on the web site he represented,” she wrote in an email. “You know us liberal moms: I want to give him a chance to learn the right lessons from this, which isn’t going to happen if I out him.”
- Conservative Blogger Outraged Over Senator Showing Affection To His Wife (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘Go Sarah, Go’: Political Spouse Offers Encouragement After Eyebrow-Raising Vogue Article (2012.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Connie Schultz: If we’re lucky, political wife Sarah Paley will blog, too (appeal-democrat.com)
- Sherrod Brown Endorsed By Ohio Fraternal Order of Police (lezgetreal.com)
- Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist William Raspberry dies (foxnews.com)
- Sen. Sherrod Brown: Progressive groups can’t compete with billionaires (rawstory.com)
Dear Mitt Romney,
What are you hiding?
Release the returns.
The American People.